Thai Christian School (TCS), Sukhumvit 71 Rd. – www.thaichristian.ac.th
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced native English speaker for the position of Head of Secondary (G.7-12) to help lead our team and continue to develop the school's full potential. The responsibilities that come with this role require dedication, professionalism, strong communication skills, and patience.
Responsibilities for the Head of Secondary include:
- Leading the G.7-12 foreign teachers and being involved in whole-school matters.
- Ensuring good standards are maintained (e.g., checking lesson plans and grade reports).
- Observing lessons and providing feedback for improvement.
- Teaching cover lessons for absent teachers if no one else is available.
- Cooperating with and supporting the Head of Primary and relevant Thai staff.
- Planning and organising (short-term and long-term).
- Identifying ways to improve and implementing new procedures and policies.
- Involvement in the hiring process and interviewing new students.
The position includes:
- 50,000+ baht starting salary depending on experience and qualifications.
- Annual salary increase according to performance.
- Normal working hours are 7:30 - 15:30, Monday to Friday.
- Paid holidays (about 8 weeks per year if the contract is renewed) plus public holidays.
- Completion bonus and reimbursement for unused sick leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Visa and work permit assistance.
- Free lunch.
Applicants MUST meet these criteria:
- Native English speaker from the UK, the USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- CELTA, PGCEi, MEd, or similar credentials are strongly preferred.
- A broad range of teaching experience in G.7-12.
- Experience in leading/managing a team, preferably in a school.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Available to interview IN PERSON and able to present original diplomas and transcripts.
A successful candidate should be professionally minded, with students’ education and welfare taking top priority. He/she will support teachers in creating a learning environment that is caring, consistent, interesting, and challenging for all abilities.
In your cover letter, clearly state items 1 and 2; items 3-5 must also be attached:
-  That you are applying for the position of Head of Secondary.
-  Your location in Thailand or the date you will arrive.
-  Your resume with a recent photo. Please do not send a link to an online resume.
- Scans of your  degree and  passport data page.
- Letters of recommendation may also be attached.
- A link to a video introducing yourself or of a teaching demonstration is appreciated.
Without items 1 - 5, your application will not be considered.
Send your application to Ms. Kungsadarn via the addresses below. No phone calls, please. Short-listed candidates will be sent a follow-up form and further information.
EMAIL: email@example.com CC: firstname.lastname@example.org