Driving development through English teaching.
Conversations With Foreigners is a popular non-profit English language center providing affordable English classes to Khmer students from all walks of life. International volunteers teach conversational English in a fun and informal setting through a student-centric and activity-based style. Profits from student fees go to NGOs as 1001 Funtains who provides clean water and more to many schools and cities in Cambodia. Many projects are on the way to provide a sustainable source of core activity for this country to be autonomous. www.volunteerincambodia.org
We are seeking volunteer teachers for our upcoming semester beginning May 31st 2017, as well as for future semesters beginning in August, and November 2017 and February 2017. Teachers teach up to 4.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday, for the 12 weeks. Classes focus on conversational speaking skills in a fun and informal setting. They follow our unique localized curriculum designed to address the realities of Cambodian life. Delve into the complexities of Cambodian life through a cultural exchange with your students. Teach them relevant and useful English through localized topics. Give them a voice so they can build their confidence in English and share with you their pride of their country. We offer newly qualified ESL teachers an opportunity to test the waters abroad, gaining approximately 200 hours classroom experience over 12 weeks; as well as on-going teaching training sessions, observations, one-on-one feedback, peer reviews, and drop-in support from our experienced Education Services Manager.
We also provide a dedicated in-country support team, optional accommodation and meals package, Khmer language lessons, cooking classes, and a range of organized social activities. www.volunteerincambodia.org
- This is a Voluntary position, but a great way to build experience and confidence in the classroom.
- Teaching Training incl. weekly workshops, observations, one on one feedback, etc.
- Airport Pickup.
- 10 Day Orientation.
- 3 month commitment.
- No 'programme fee'. You only have to cover your own expenses. We have secure accommodation available for only $725 / 12 weeks incl. meals!
- 24 / 7 Living support, incl. Khmer language lessons, social activities, day trips, travel arrangements, cooking lessons etc.
- You directly contribute to grass roots development projects!
- Excellent opportunity for new ESL teachers to get some experience and test the waters abroad, while developing teaching skills.
- Native or near-native level of English
- 18+ years of age
- Submission of Criminal History Clearance
- 12 week commitment
- TEFL / TESOL / CELTA is a plus
- Motivation and enthusiasm for the challenge
Visit our website for more info and to apply: