IDEAL English Academy is a respected and highly professional private language school in Bangkok. Our English Programs are renowned for being creative, inspiring and will captivate the students desire to learn. The students who learn with us become confident, capable and aspiring English language users.
Our programs curricula not only meet, but exceed Thailand's MOE standards, as IDEAL continuously strives to develop and improve our curricula further. The importance of English has never been greater, it is the key to the interconnected and globalized world.
We are recruiting the following position now:
Khlong Toei, Bangkok.
Intensive Program (IP) English Teacher (ref.IP6)
An opportunity has arisen for a professional Primary School Teacher to join our successful Intensive Program at our client school. The whole IP department pride themselves on excellent student results and you will benefit from the support of an experienced Academic Manager, as well as a number of outstanding teachers within the IP department. Teaching up to 20 periods per week with additional hours for admin duties and lesson planning/activities.
Salary from 36,000฿ to 40,000฿ (depending on experience). Please note we are only looking for Native English Speakers.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following characteristics:
• A deep caring about students and commitment to the teaching profession and ethics
• A demonstrated cultural understanding and respect and a desire to live and work in Thailand
• A sense of adventure and an interest in contributing to the success of our client schools and students
• A well balanced, flexible and adaptable nature
• A good role model for students and colleagues, demonstrating high personal standards at all times
• Professionalism at school as fitting for a teacher at an academically oriented private school in Thailand
• Respectful of the values, cultural differences and expectations of the parents and the Thai teachers and administrators
• Be able to plan, organizing and preparing classes, including developing detailed lesson plans.
Innovative and receptive to new ideas and opportunities for professional development.
• Develop learning materials that support the learning objectives and planned activities
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject or a B.Ed from an Accredited University.
• ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120 hrs of in class training).
• PGCE or QTS would be a plus.
• Minimum of 1 year teaching experience in Asia.
The benefits of working with IDEAL English Academy are self-explanatory. You get to live and work in 'Beautiful Thailand' while teaching some of the best kids in the world.
• Monday to Friday 8am-4pm work week with an average of 18 classes per week.
• 12-month renewable contract with a salary increase (renewal of contract and increase is subject to yearly performance).
• End of contract bonus of 30,000฿.
• Non B visa extension and Work Permit supplied by IDEAL.
• 20 days' (paid) holiday per year, with an additional 13 (paid) public holidays plus Christmas Holidays -- all paid.
• AIA Health and medical insurance cover.
The school is located within walking distance from Queen Sirikit or Khlong Toei MRT stations in the heart of Bangkok metropolis.
This position provides an exceptional opportunity to play a role and make a difference to the future of education with one of Thailand's premier language schools. If you share our vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
How to apply
At this time we are only accepting Native Speakers of English from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Please quote the reference number of the position you are applying for on the subject line, e.g IP6, then email the following documents to Human Resources at IDEAL English Academy at HR@engideal.com.
1. Cover letter and CV with the names and e-mail addresses of 3 referees
2. Scanned copy of university degree/transcripts and ESL certificates
3. Scanned copy of the photo page in your passport
Please note that we have a two stage interview process and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are contacted for an interview, please make sure you bring the originals of the above documents. Potential candidates must be in Thailand to be considered as a teaching demonstration is also required.
IDEAL English Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the company's recruitment procedure the successful candidate will undergo background checks.
For more information about our company and our programs, please visit our company website at http://www.engideal.com