Apgujeong and Gaepo Appletree are looking for a native English teacher to join their teaching staff in July and September respectively. The two schools are located in a very affluent district known as the Gangnam district. Both schools are nearby subway stations and being in the Gangnam area means all major attractions in Seoul, such as Gangnam Station, Itaewon Station, Garosugil-road, Han River, Dongdaemun Shopping District, Hongdae University and others locations are conveniently accessible.
Appletree is a nursery program that caters towards students that are 18 months to 5 years old. Teachers working at this school are part of creating a fun and vibrant learning environment which incorporates lots of arts & crafts, sing-along, picture books, games and more.
Native English teacher working at Appletree will teach 30 minute classes, usually 4 to 8 times a day. That is equivalent to only 2 to 4 hours of teaching per day! As well, a Korean assistant teacher will always be present to help out with the students.
Why choose this job?
1. Short working schedule: Arrive to work at 9:00 a.m. and leave at 5:00 p.m. sharp
2. Compact-classes: Teach 4 to 8, 30 minute classes a day; only 2 to 4 hours of teaching per day!
3. Prime Location: Located in central Seoul, making inner city travelling very convenient
4. 100% Reliability: Always receive pay on time + pension, medical insurance and severance
Position: Native English teacher
Salary: 2.1 ~ 2.3 million KRW per month + (housing or housing allowance of 450,000 KRW)
Benefits: Severance pay, vacation days + all national holidays off
Korean Pension and Health Insurance: Fully comply with this regulation
Work Place/Start Date:
Gaepo Appletree – 5 minute walking distance from Guryong Station (end of July)
Apgujeong Appletree – 10 minute walking distance from Apgujeong Station (September 22nd)
Teaching Hours: Monday through Friday; 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled
Please apply if you meet these requirements
1. A Native English speaker from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, or Ireland.
2. Qualifies for the E2 Visa – Apostilled Bachelor’s Degree and Apostilled Criminal background check
* Applicants with teaching experience preferred
Qualifying applicants should submit their cover email, resume, and a recent photo. As well, please indicate the status of your E2 visa documents or please e-mail them over if you have them in order.
YBM Head Office
What to expect: Qualified applicants will be contacted by the YBM head office and given further instructions on the next step.