We are a family run school located in Long Khanh Town, Dong Nai, Viet Nam (70 km north of Ho Chi Minh City). Local students tend to only learn grammar and vocabulary, but we want to make learning English more interesting by giving them an opportunity to interact with a native speaker. Our school comes into being with the hope to create a fun and interactive environment where students are exposed to authentic language and see for themselves how English is used in the real world. We believe that with the right teacher and method, students will be motivated and are more likely to reach of the best of their ability. We are looking for the right teacher to share this journey with us.
• Hold an English teaching certificate such as TESOL, CELTA or equivalent.
• University degree
• Major related to Early Childhood Development, Education or Linguistics is a bonus
• Friendly personality and open to new culture.
• Past teaching experience is favorable.
• Be a native speaker from English speaking countries.
• Compensation: $20 per hour (USD). Minimum 15 hours/week
• Free housing with basic necessities such as fridge, kitchen, bed, television set and Wi-Fi. It is within walking distance to the school, around 200 meters.
• Small class: maximum 15 students.
• Work visa support
• Classroom facilities: Computer, interactive board (for some classes), amplifier, projector and screen.
• Textbooks and teaching materials will be provided.
• Teaching assistant is available for low-level class.
• Lesson time length: 1 hour 15 minutes
• The earliest class starts at 7.30 am and the latest class finishes at 5.45pm in the summer.
• Cheap cost of living
• Clean environment
• Ho Chi Minh City is an hour and a half away. Comfortable mini-bus every 10 minutes, ticket costs approximately $3 one way.
• Fresh food market with tonnes of tropical fruit and cold coconuts across the street from the house.
Many hammock cafes around the town.
How to apply:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae with recent photos
• Digital copies of degree and certificate
• Reference letter (optional)
Please kindly send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.