Hello, my name is Woo-Yeong (Estelle) and I am the Director of Thomas English School located in Gwangju, South Korea, in the Southern Joella Province.
I've had my school since 1998 and have 20 years of experience teaching English. . I've also been working with native English teachers for about the same time and have had very positive experiences with my English teachers in the past. Most of them have stayed for at least two years before moving on.
My current English teacher is leaving at the end of August and I am seeking a new teacher to start September 1st or 4th.
My school currently has 4-5 kindergarten classes, 6-8 elementary classes, and 3 middle school classes. Classes for the English teacher generally run for 20 minutes. The age range of students and length of classes provides a great opportunity for teachers to experience the dynamics of working with various age groups without students and teachers feeling burned out.
Gwangju itself is a lovely city in the Southern part of Korea. It's very close, by bus, to some port cities, which makes it easy to get away for the weekend. KTX train can also get you to Seoul and Busan in under 2 hours. Gwangju airport is located less than 10 minutes from the teacher's housing- trips to Jeju Island are very easily accessible. Lots to do and see in and around Gwangju!
What I offer teachers:
• Flexible class structure with a great deal of creative freedom
• Smaller class sizes that allow for a more personalized teaching approach
• Fantastic work hours and positive working conditions
• Daily, fresh cooked lunches
• Clean, bright and fully furnished apartment - 1 bedroom with a separate kitchen. Few minutes walk to work and walking distance to 3 grocery stores, various shops, cafes, and all main bus lines
• Sponsored E2 visa
What I am looking for:
• Kind and personable female teacher, with a positive personality and open attitude for teaching children!!!
• Must truly enjoy working with children
• English must be your first language
• 4 year college degree
• Experience is a plus but not necessary
• TEFL certificate a plus but not necessary
• Teacher must be able and willing to facilitate a great deal of English speaking among the students
• Start date: September 1st or 4th
• Hours: 11am - 6:30pm / Monday-Friday
• Students: 4-16 years of age
• Benefits: Insurance coverage, fully furnished apartment, airfare to Korea, E2 visa
• Salary: 2.1 million won/month
• 10 days paid vacation and all national holidays off
• Contract length: 1 year, with the possibility to extend
***All E2 visa documents are required. Diploma and FBI background check must be apostilled.***
For further inquires or to apply for the position, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Thomas English Teaching Position'. Please include your resume, cover letter, and a recent photo.