Are you looking for ESL fun in Seoul this summer? We, Camp Korea, Korea’s oldest and still its best short-term camp provider for native English speaking ESL educators, are accepting expressions of interest for our Seoul-based DWIMS Summer Camp. Please read the following & contact us if you're keen and if you meet the application considerations below.
CAMP & CONTRACT OVERVIEW
- Camp Name || Daewon International Middle School Camp.
- Location || Junggok-dong, Gwangin-gu, Seoul.
- Dates || July 21 through 8 August 2017 (19-day contract, reporting for duty on the evening of Thursday, July 20 2017).
- Camp Dates & Format || Staff orientation will be on July 21 & 22 with camp proper starting on July 24 & ending on August 8. July 23, 29, 30 & August 5 & 6 are off days for a total of 14 contracted work days. Six hours of classroom time a day approximately between the hours of 09:20 & 16:20. This is a commute camp meaning the students do not board at the camp; they return home each afternoon. There will be approximately 12 classes with approximately 10-12 elementary students (Grades 1-6) in each class.
- Staff Accommodations & Notes || Shared accommodation will be provided. Details to follow. No private accommodation options available. A small daily commute will be required to reach the camp location. No stipend is paid for those Seoul-based applicants in a position to provide their own accommodation.
- Meals || Lunch will be provided on scheduled camps days.
- Salary & Tax Liability || Salary of KRW 2,000,000 which is subject to applicable local taxes (typically 4.4%).
Provided/Included for the duration of the contract period:
- Two days of pre-camp staff orientation sessions (July 21 & 22 2017)
- Camp apparel (t-shirt/polo shirt etc.).
- Workplace medical insurance.
- A great experience (this is a given).
APPLICATION CONSIDERATIONS - VISA & TRANSPORT
1. VISA (F-class, E-class & C-class) & OVERSEAS APPLICANTS
1.1 F- & E-class Visa Holders
We welcome applications from those already with visa clearance, especially F-class visa holders & E-class visa holders with the required permission and E-class visa validity to allow them to endorse their visa.
1.2 C-class Visa Applicants
Given the proximity of camp, overseas applicants needing to apply for a C-4 visa should only contact us if they are 1) familiar with the Korean visa application process, & 2) already in possession of (or very close to acquiring) the full set of required documentation for submitting a C-4 visa application, i.e. apostilled criminal background check dated within the last 6 months, an apostilled degree document &, if applicable, a sealed copy of university transcripts (we request that applicants contact their local Korean Embassy or consulate and inquire into the latest C-4 visa application requirements). Please know that we are very unlikely to advance with any candidate who is unprepared to apply for the required visa. In short, if you have no knowledge of the visa application process and/or haven’t even applied for a criminal background check, do not apply to join us. For everyone else, please pay particular attention to detail number 5 in the 'TO APPLY' section below when contacting us.
2. TRANSPORT/GETTING TO CAMP
All successful applicants must organize (and pay) for their own transport to and from Korea to meet any contract offered to them, assuming they are not already in Korea. We do not facilitate or pay for transport to or from Korea.
If you are interested and eligible to apply please send us an e-mail (addressed to HR@CK.co.kr) expressing your desire to join us. In the e-mail please let us know the following:
1. Your name.
2. Your date of birth.
3. Your nationality.
4. Your present location (city/town & country).
5. If you need to acquire a C-4 visa for camp, what is your state of visa application preparedness (what documents do you have in your possession) & where do you plan on applying for the visa (Korean embassy or consulate general location)? If you already have visa clearance (if you’re an E- or F-class visa holder), what is your present visa type & when/what date does it expire?
A polite request, if we may. Please do not send us any documentation with your e-mail. No CVs/resumes, letters of reference, letters of qualification, birth certificates etc. Thank you.
THE NEXT STEPS - THE APPLICATION PROCESS
In reply to your e-mail we will furnish you with a short Summer Camp 2017 Application document that needs to be completed & returned to us. We will acknowledge all applications received but will only proceed with suitable candidates, who we may choose to engage further with via informal Skype interviews in the coming days & weeks.
Thank you for considering Camp Korea for your next ESL experience & we hope to see you at camp soon.
Your Camp Korea Team