Apollo English (International House Vietnam) is looking for Academic Managers to fill full-time, year round positions in Vietnam. The positions are in Young Learner Centres (3 positions in Ho Chi Minh City and 1 in Hanoi). This is a chance for experienced teachers to make the next move to management in a supportive, creative and dynamic environment or for Academic Managers to move to one of the leading English centres in Vietnam.
Who are Apollo Junior Vietnam?
Apollo Junior specialises in delivering high quality English training to students between the ages of 3 and 17. Our goal is to create a rich learning environment with modern, specialised facilities and teaching focused on meaningful communication.
The Right Candidate
You will show a real passion for teaching and teacher development, with a strong background in teaching Young Learners. This enthusiasm will motivate those around you and you will be ready to identify opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to our team as you grow with us.
Responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining high academic standards, the LXM/LXC works closely with the Vietnamese Centre Manager to oversee all aspects of Apollo’s programmes within the school. In this role they are supported by the Senior Learning Experience Manager and other members of the nationwide academic management team.
• The day-to-day management of the centre teaching team
• Providing ongoing professional teacher development including:
o Regular teacher observations (training given)
o Teacher mentoring
• Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing and student retention activities
• Evaluation and reporting of targets
• Teaching (teaching hours are dependent on centre size)
• Ongoing professional development
• An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
• The opportunity to work closely with a progessional and supportive team of locals and expatriates
• Academic and personal support within the role
• BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements)
• CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
• At least 3 years post qualification experience
• Native Level English speaker
Applicants with the following will be prioritised:
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Specialist YL certification (Cambridge YL extension or IHCYL)
• DELTA/Trinity Diploma
• Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country
• Previous training and mentoring experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills
• Flexibility and cultural awareness
Salary and Benefits
• Salary: Competitive salary and bonus
• Medical insurance allowance
• Flight allowance
• Twenty days paid annual leave plus eleven national holidays paid per year.
• Visa and work permit support including covering costs
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Mr Tim Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their CV and scans of degree and teaching certificates. Please indicate your earliest possible start date and availability for interview.