Group Kindergarten Programme Coordinator cum Campus Kindergarten Programme Head Needed at VAS, Vietnam
Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 6,300 students from K through 12 at 7 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
VAS has successfully implemented the two study pathways for its students, including: (1) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge Academic Programme (CAP) and (2) the National Education Programme combined with the Cambridge English Programme (CEP). Both study pathways are benchmarked with internationally and nationally recognized qualifications/certifications and carefully designed to suit students in Vietnam.
Vietnam Australia International School (VAS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is looking for a Group Kindergarten Programme Coordinator cum Campus Kindergarten Programme Head with at least 2 years of (full academic year) experience in the same position at an international or bilingual school. Candidates should come from a professional background of Bachelor degree or higher in early childhood/ nursery/ kindergarten, along with a valid teaching license.
Benefits package includes competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, responsibility allowance, medical insurance, paid school holidays, tuition exemption for up to two children, flight reimbursement, visa reimbursement, settling-in allowance, phone allowance, taxi allowance and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting July 17, 2017.
E-mail your CV directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a relevant position in the subject line providing a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, references (3+) and passport.
Group Kindergarten Programme Coordinator cum Campus Kindergarten Programme Head
Reports to :
School Director & Academic Coordination Director
Reporting to the School Director and Academic Co-ordination Director, the Group Kindergarten Programme Coordinator cum Campus Kindergarten Programme Leader is responsible for the followings:
A/ General Responsibilities as Group Kindergarten Programme Coordinator:
• Co-ordinate and oversee the teaching and learning activities of the Kindergarten Programme for the entire VAS system to ensure adherence to the EYFS guidelines & achievement of the curriculum’s objectives across all VAS’s campuses;
• Ensure efficient and consistent administration of the Kindergarten Programme in such matters as homework, testing & exam procedures / materials; student assessment & reporting, teacher observation & evaluation, and other similar duties;
• Monitor the work progress and other departmental matters and providing feedback accordingly to the Senior Academic Leadership Team;
• Advise and brain storm with the Senior Academic Leadership Team about the Section organization; staffing and resourcing needs; the deployment of staff; staff training needs; department procedures and policies; new developments in the Section;
• Take an active role in the promotion of good teaching practices and staff development & training initiatives for the Kindergarten Programme at all VAS’s campuses;
• Participate in the selection and recruitment of new teaching members of the Section;
• Continually evaluate existing programmes and practices; initiate and execute continued improvement in curriculum and teaching methods / practices;
• Lead other Campus Kindergarten Programme Heads in ensuring common standards, policies and practices are executed in their designated campuses in a consistent manner and in line with the entire system’s guidelines;
• Attend professional conferences, seminars, and workshops and deliver presentations / talks as per required by the School;
• Undertake other tasks as and when assigned by the Immediate Superior and/or the Academic Leadership Team.
B/ General Responsibilities As Campus Kindergarten Programme Head:
Teaching & Learning
• Lead the teachers of the designated campuses in the teaching of the respective subjects, and provide a role model for high quality teaching and learning; provide regular feedback and coaching to the teaching staff of the designated campuses on teaching and learning which recognizes good practices and supports their progress;
• Ensure that new teachers and teaching assistants are well inducted into the policies, standards, rules & regulations, procedures & practices of the kindergarten campuses in charge;
• Engage all teaching staff of the designated campuses in the creation, consistent implementation and improvement of the kindergarten programme’s syllabus and scheme of work; ensure that all teaching staff follow the agreed syllabus/specification
• Ensure that examinations or other suitable methods of assessment are devised and applied at appropriate times; ensure that all tests, examinations and assessments are based on the school’s specification and marked according to the school’s or any other curriculum accrediting bodies’ standards;
• Keep abreast of new developments in content and teaching style, including use of new technologies;
• Monitor progress and evaluate the effects of any improvement strategies on teaching and learning by working alongside teaching staff; be a mentor to teachers and undertake staff disciplinary measures / grievances where appropriate;
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of the teachers in charge and ensure they meet the expected key performance indicators (KPIsI)
• Provide quality assurance of the designated campuses’ teaching and learning
• Initiate and, where appropriate, organize curricular, extra-curricular and educational enhancement activities related to the programme for the designated campuses;
• Act as a substitute teacher for the designated campuses as and when needed
Responsibilities to Students and Parents:
• Ensure that parents have clear and accurate information about their child’s progress; develop and maintain a friendly, open, supportive but firm relationship with parents and their representatives in the spirit of the school’s Vision and Mission Statement; provide a process of reporting regularly to parents on student academic and social development;
• Ensure optimal development of all students in charge in line with the curriculum’s learning outcomes; develop strategies / solutions to assist weaker students to improve their learning abilities and results.
• Organize and ensure the successful organization of the parents/teacher meetings, school trips/sporting events, as requested by the campuses in charge.