PERFECT OPPORTUNITIES FOR SPECIAL INDIVIDUALS WITH PASSION FOR WORKING AND LIVING IN SCENIC JAPANESE COUNTRYSIDE!
* *IF YOU ARE AFTER A TEACHING JOB THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIVES OF THE STUDENTS YOU TEACH, THIS IS IT!
FRIENDS is a small English school that offers quality education in a homey and caring environment. For over a decade, Friends has been dedicated to the vision of nurturing our students, from our very young learners to adults, to help them develop a strong academic background, a global outlook and one who will thrive on independent thinking coupled with a kind, caring heart. We are looking for that special educator who relishes the challenge and satisfaction of doing just that! The position of English Teacher at FRIENDS requires a hardworking and dedicated individual with meticulous organization and communication skills and a passion for teaching and interacting with children while helping to run a small school. The position will allow you an up-close and beyond-the-surface look at the lives of the students you teach as well as life in Japan in general.
FRIENDS is located in Morioka, the capital of Iwate Prefecture. A city of approximately 350,000 located in central Iwate, Morioka is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to other major cities located to the north and south. Morioka is only a 2.5 ~ 3-hour ride south by superexpress train to Tokyo. The nearest ski resort is a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east. Morioka has all the conveniences of a modern city with the warmth and coziness in addition to the history and character of a smaller town minus the concrete jungle. Set amongst the beauty of nature, it is perfect for healthy, outdoor living. Morioka really does offer you the best of both worlds!
FRIENDS Teachers have to be leaders, committed to their job and the students they teach. The positions are perfect for those who can work independently with little supervision and also be team players. Teachers who are mature and has a proven strong work ethic, loyal, kind and teachable will find a great home in our schools. FRIENDS however is NOT a place for the timid nor those with communication or major homesickness issues. Neither is it a place for those who have an unreasonably high sense of entitlement and just looking to spend a year or two living away from home.
The successful applicants will make up a part of a DEDICATED team of teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. University degree (Education majors, especially in Early Childhood Education/Development .)
2. Only Native English speakers need apply.
3. Teaching experience preferred.
4. Experience living abroad preferred.
5. Happy, energetic, enthusiastic, confident person with a great sense of humor – We like to laugh!
6. Fantastic people skills: Big, ready smiles, approachable and adept at problem-solving.
7. MUST LOVE TEACHING CHILDREN !
8. Strong work ethics: Industrious, conscientious, mature, loyal, honest, nurturing and responsible with an abundance of initiative and creative energy. Must enjoy both in-class teaching as well as working alone during lesson planning and administrative periods.
Possess drive to make a positive impact in & out of the classroom i.e. someone who embodies all the wholesome values that a child can model after.
9. Must enjoy living and working independently in a multi-cultural environment and possess great communication skills.
10. Preference for living in a smaller city (pop. just over 350,000), being away from big crowds and closer to nature with all the magical things that offers!
* *THE PERKS
1. Competitive salary starting at 255,000yen per month
2. An initial one-year contract with possible renewal offers
3. Bonus will be paid upon satisfactory completion of 2 consecutive years of employment
4. About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation between April to March (school year in Japan.)
5. Fully furnished, single-occupant accommodation with all rental set-up fees paid by the school (i.e. key money, deposit, realtor’s commission).
Centrally located i.e. about a 10-minute walk to work, a 10-minute walk to downtown and a 20-minute walk to the train station.)
6. Visa sponsorship
7. Caring bosses, good school family
8. Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
* *THE POSITION
1. Commences October/November 2017.
2. In-class teaching hours: 24 ~ 30 hours/week in a variety of settings.
3. A mix of children and adult classes with a high concentration of the former. Never a dull moment!
4. Freedom to create own supplement materials to supplement textbooks and curricula used in class, if required
5. Administrative and some PR, sales work
* * CONTACT:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your:
(1) cover letter (Tell us about your background, personality and character, interests, teaching philosophy and reasons for applying for the position)
(2) updated resume
(3) university degree and transcripts
(4) full-length photo (taken no later than 6 months ago)
(5) the photo page of your current passport (to show nationality).
*Please send big emails in installments.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Check Inbox and Junk Folder for our reply.