POSITION: Director of Studies
DEPARTMENT: English Language Program, Northstar College, Hargeisa
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
STARTING DATE: September, 2017
ABOUT NORTHSTAR COLLEGE
Northstar College, Hargeisa is currently seeking a qualified Director of Studies to lead our diverse international faculty starting immediately. Programs at Northstar College are designed to enhance student lives by preparing them for university education and equipping them with communication, academic, research and career skills for a sustainable, more productive lives in their communities and beyond.
Located in the heart of Hargeisa, Northstar College is the first of its kind in the region with the mission to empower students with language skills and demand-driven competencies that make a real difference in the lives of its graduates. Based on best practices in language acquisition and using cutting edge technology with inspiring resources, we offer skills-based English Programs for adults, teens and children along with career, academic, research and business communication skills that are designed to show immediate results right after completion. We are currently looking for teachers with versatile background and teaching abilities to teach a wide range of skills-based courses to adults, teens and language and literacy courses for school-aged children.
If you would enjoy working and growing with a young progressive institution in one of the most resilient and culturally rich communities in the world, we would love to hear from you!
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, TESOL, Education, Linguistics or related field.
• Postgraduate CELTA, DELTA or Masters degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or related.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous educational management experience
• Previous classroom teaching experience.
• High degree of digital literacy.
• The ability and desire to work with language learners, showing empathy and awareness of challenges and knowledge of curricular objectives.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills – able to promote a collaborative team atmosphere.
• Skill in developing curriculum responsive to the needs of NC students.
• A positive attitude, a kind regard for others, and a good sense of humour.
• Full Time (40 hours, 6 days per week)
• Tax-free salary of $2500 per month
• Private 1 bedroom apartment accommodation in secure guest-house
• One month paid vacation per year and public holidays
• Round trip flight to home city per year
• Local health care coverage
Interested applicants, please send CV and cover letter to Ian Rogers, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews for qualified applications will be conducted through Skype or telephone.