The British Institute (TBI) is an English Language Training Center which was established in 1984.
TBI's focus is to provide quality English language training delivered by qualified and experienced teachers with an added focus on teacher development. TBI has schools in major cities throughout Indonesia and we are currently recruiting centrally for the following locations:
We offer native speaker ESL teachers a competitive employment package, professional career development, advancement opportunities and a professional working environment.
• Native speaker and citizen from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA and UK only
• 28- 45 years old
• Three – five years teaching experience in the EFL industry
• ESL Teaching Certificate (CELTA or equivalent)
• A Bachelor's degree in an English discipline i.e. English Literature, English Linguistics or a Master in TESOL/TESL is an advantage
• Transcripts of degrees
• Original education certificates and transcripts are required
• Meets Indonesian government health requirements for foreign teachers
• A positive attitude about teaching and an interest in development
• Adaptable personality to cultural difference in South East Asia
• A willingness to integrate as part of a team
• High level of computer literacy
Applicants should complete their cover letter and CV details and send to email@example.com
Conversely if you wish to send your application by mail please send to:
TBI Recruitment Center
Lotte Shopping Avenue, 3F, Art & Culture, Jl. DR. Satrio Kav.3-5, Karet Kuningan, Jakarta Selatan 12940 - Indonesia
For more information about our organization and our programs please check our website at www.tbi.co.id
Compensation and Development Programs:
1. Competitive Salary
TBI teachers are very competitive and afford teachers a good standard of living. Salaries are generally higher than that of our local competitors.
2. End of contract bonus
Upon completing a 12 month contract, teachers at TBI receive a USD end of contract bonus.
3. Airfare contribution
Teachers at TBI also receive a generous USD airfare contribution in each contract.
4. Re-signing contract bonus
Any teacher signing an additional contract with TBI will receive a USD re-signing bonus.
5. Accommodation support
Applicants who meet requirements are provided with accommodation for their first month in Indonesia and an on-going monthly accommodation allowance.
6. Health Insurance
7. Generous holiday entitlements
TBI provides a very generous holiday entitlement and this allows teachers plenty of time to holiday and explore different parts of Indonesia and South East Asia. Teachers are given 20 flexible days of annua leave plus additional days off that must be taken at the time of the Christmas and Eid school closure days. Indonesia also has up to 13 public holidays each year and teachers receive full pay on these days.
8. On-going development
Teachers are continually encouraged to develop throughout their time with TBI. This be placed in our Professional Teaching Standards System and on-going development also includes attending internal and external training workshops.
9. Support and sponsorship for further study
Teachers without a CELTA or equivalent qualification who meet Indonesian education department requirements may be considered for contracts that include the CELTA course.
Sponsorship on DELTA is also regularly offered to committed TBI teachers and TBI schools actively facilitate teachers joining this programme.