One World Lingua is a private language school located on both the European and Asian sides of Istanbul, Turkey, and looking for English instructors who are native speakers of English. We are also looking for part-time German, Spanish and French instructors. English teachers can be hired on a full-time and part-time basis, though full-time is preferred. A full-time contract duration is 11 months.
The instructors’ duties will be the preparation and delivering of lessons delivering lessons.
• All bachelor’s degrees (a degree from education, literature, linguistics, modern languages is an asset).
• A valid teaching certificate (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/DELTA) or the equivalent of a teaching license/certification.
• Minimum one year teaching experience (preferred, but not required).
• Native speaker of the language to be taught
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons;
• preparing classroom and coursework materials, including audio and visual resources, homework assignments, and hand-outs;
• checking and assessing students’ lesson work and assignments;
• helping students improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills via individual and group sessions;
• creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere;
• basic administration (e.g. keeping student register and attendance records, etc.)
• The prospective instructors must be able to speak clearly to students and must have excellent spoken and written language skills in the language to be taught.
• As the students will have different backgrounds and abilities, teachers should be comfortable teaching a range of ages and levels
• Planning and organisational skills are desired.
• As the students’ mother language is not English, the classes should be organized laying more emphasis on dialogue, role-playing and language games. In this sense, using creativity and imagination in the lessons is critical in order to find ways to make lessons interactive. Instructors may have to work with
different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
• Creating healthy relationships with students and coworkers.
• Having a friendly and confident manner.
Monthly salary can range from 4,500 to 6,500 Turkish lira based on teaching experience and overall performance. For full-time teachers, there is an end-of-contract bonus of 4,000 Turkish lira.
Working hours vary and include evening work. Typical work days are Monday to Saturday. Because One World is a language school, most lessons occur when students get out of school and when adults get out of work. Saturdays are also popular lesson days. No work on Sundays.
DOCUMENTS and HOW TO APPLY:
• Bachelor’s degree diploma
• Teaching certificate (TEFL, TESOL, TESL, CELTA, DELTA, other)
• Updated CV (with photo and a letter of intention)
• Proof of teaching experience
• Reference letter(s) may be requested (preferably from a previous employer)*
* The original documents will be asked in case of recruitment.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org