Job Description – Primary School Teacher
At Australia Pacific International School (API) we aim to prepare our students for the future.
At API our diverse and engaging programs bring out the best in children. The hallmarks of our programs, which range from nursery to primary school (Cambridge International curriculum), are engaging, student centered and of course, FUN! Explore our Facebook Page to learn more about what makes API a great place to work!
Now hiring a Primary School Teacher!
In our staff we value creativity, a positive attitude, a strong commitment to team work, and motivation to create a safe and developmentally appropriate learning opportunities for all children. If you are passionate in the field of primary school teaching and want to make a difference in the most important years of a child's life, API is the place to be!
A Primary School Teacher at API will be expected to:
- Taking responsibility for the development of your student’s progress.
- Motivating students with imaginative presentation and positive constructive feedback
- Organizing the classroom and learning resources and learning displays to encourage a rich and positive learning environment
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development of individual students
- Be responsible for developing weekly lesson plans that align to the Cambridge International curriculum and fit with the philosophy of the school
- Keeping up to date with developments made in the curriculum
- Observe and evaluate student's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Identify students showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discusses them with supervisors, parents or guardians
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development
- Professionally supervise, direct and interact with the Khmer teaching assistants to create the optimal learning environment for the students
- Possess good communication skills and have the ability to work as a team member with all supervisors, other teachers and teaching assistants
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development.
- Attend and participate in department, school and one on one meetings with the primary school director
- Organizing and taking part in school events, field trips and activities that may take place in the weekends or the evening.
Job Requirements – Primary School Teacher
- Education / Experience:
- Teaching Certificate, Diploma or higher, although preference is given to Education University Degrees or a University degrees in a related field.
- 2+ years of teaching experience or experience in a related field
- Native English speaker
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice, plus the ability to teach students of differing learning styles and abilities within the same classroom
- Must meet AIP’s child safety requirements and additional evidence (such as criminal history check/working with children check) may apply
- Work Environment and Conditions
We offer excellent work conditions, we are a small school with about 150 students with new or well-maintained facilities and educational resources. We also keep our student to staff ratio at a maximum of 15:1, with a maximum 25 students in one classroom. In addition to this all classes have at least one teacher’s assistant to assist the classroom teacher in attending to the needs of the students, printing class resources, helping to monitor student behaviour and providing additional in-class support to the students.
We also offer an extensive benefit package including:
- Competitive salary
- Visa reimbursement (after completing a 12 month contract)
- Flexible work arrangements (option to work part time or job-share)
- Local medical insurance
- In house professional development opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off (Plus options for periods of unpaid leave – e.g. for family visiting Cambodia or a short trip back home)
- Annual staff trip (at minimal cost)
- Secure work with a fixed 12 month contract
Candidates should email a CV and cover letter to Mr. Vannak Soth at email@example.com .
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.