Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern. Apollo is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated teachers to join our Binh Duong
Start date: September and October 2017
We have 22 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate over 20 training centres nationwide. Apollo Hai Phong offers a range of classes, teaching young learners (3 to 17) and adults (17+) with opportunities to teach Adult classes, Business English and corporate clients.
At Apollo you can expect:
• A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• Employee discounts on International House teacher training course
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• Career progression to more senior roles
• Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
• Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
• Administering and marking course tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are scheduled two consecutive days off.
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
• A willingness to teach across our full range of classes
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 4 months’ validity on passport;
• Preferably with kindy experience
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
• Overtime payment
• Work permit costs covered by Apollo
• Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
• Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: apollo.edu.vn and teachatapollo.com.
Interested candidates are invited to send your application to Apollo's Recruitment Team - email: email@example.com. Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.