ACADEMIC MANAGER – YOUNG LEARNER CENTRE
ACADEMIC MANAGER – YOUNG LEARNER CENTRE
Start date: August 1st 2014
Apollo Education and Training – International House, Hanoi, Vietnam
Apollo Junior, part of Apollo Education and Training, International House Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, is seeking applications for the Academic Manager role at one of our Young Learner centres in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Established in 1994, Apollo English is one of the leading names in English training across Vietnam with centres in Hanoi, HCMC, Hai Phong and Da Nang. Under the Apollo banner, we offer a wide range of English training to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients, as well as providing teacher training, including the CELTA, for both expatriate and local teachers.
The Apollo Junior centres specialise in delivering high quality English training to students between the ages of 3 and 17. Our goal is to create a rich learning environment with modern, specialised facilities and teaching focused on meaningful communication.
The Academic Manager is responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining high academic standards through regular observations and teacher development workshops. The Academic Manager works closely with the Vietnamese Centre Manager to oversee all aspects of Apollo’s programmes within the school. In this role they are supported by the Academic Development Lead (nationwide) and other members of the academic management team.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in teaching Young Learners and show a real passion for teaching and teacher development. Excellent communication skills are essential, as are organisational, administrative and IT skills. Applicants with previous experience in a similar management role will be prioritised.
• Providing ongoing professional teacher development including:
o Regular teacher observations (training given)
o Teacher mentoring
• Responsible for the performance and development of EFL staff (teachers and teaching assistants)
• Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
• Identifying opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to the centre
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing and student retention activities
• Budget management
• Evaluation and reporting of targets
• Teaching (6-12 hours per week)
• Ongoing professional development
• An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
• The opportunity to work closely with a friendly and supportive team of locals and expatriates
• Academic and personal support within the role
• Competitive packages
- Native English speaker
- BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements)
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
- At least 3 years post qualification experience
- Previous training and mentoring experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
Applicants with the following will be prioritised:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Specialist YL certification (Cambridge YL extension or IHCYL)
- DELTA/Trinity Diploma
- Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country
- Salary: Competitive salary with contract completion bonus
- Medical insurance allowance
- Flight allowance
- Twenty days paid annual leave plus eleven national holidays paid per year.
- Visa and work permit support including covering costs
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: http://www.apollo.edu.vn / http://www.teachatapollo.com
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Ms Lee Nguyen: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your application should include a cover letter stating your interest for the post and why you feel you are suitable, your updated CV in English, scanned copies of your BA/MA degrees, Teaching Certificates and valid Police Check. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.