Who are we?
Seoul English Village Suyu Campus!
What is Seoul English Village?
English Villages are a camp-based teaching environment where students participate in immersive situation-based classes (for example; Police Station, Hair Salon, Cooking Class, etc…) to enjoy learning English in real life situations and get away from their daily school and academy schedules.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for bright, energetic and fun teachers, with a dedication towards improving both their teaching and lesson planning skills in a fast paced, ever changing camp environment.
1. Class length: 45 mins (with 15 minute breaks between each class)
2. Students age: kindergarten through to adult. (mostly kindergarten and elementary.)
3. Class size: 13-15 students (in the case of group activities, for example, sports; quiz games; or indoor games, teachers may have to teach several class groups at once. You will be trained in group management during your initial training period)
4. Hours: Morning shift teachers work 8:40am to 5:15pm, Evening shift 1:30pm to 8:30pm (Shifts are allocated by personal preference or rotation.)
5. Attitude: English Village teachers must have an energetic and fun personality to suit the style of our classes.
6. Preparation: Lesson plans and materials are provided for you, but it is the teacher’s responsibility to check those plans and materials ahead of time.
7. Programming: In the event that a teacher has a free class period, that teacher is expected to be in the office to assist in the preparation of materials, classes etc.
8. Lesson Planning: During allocated “development weeks” teachers will work with the programming team to develop new lesson plans and materials, for example: PowerPoint presentations.
1. Salary: From 2.0 ~ 2.2 Million won. (may be higher depending on qualifications and experience)
2. Vacation: 15 days paid vacation.
3. Insurance: 50/50 contribution to medical and pension
4. Housing: On campus accommodation will be provided. Couple accommodation is available. Free internet and laundry facilities are provided.
5. Food: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided while students are on campus.
6. Airfare: Prepaid ticket to Korea will be provided. Upon completion of a one-year contract, a ticket home will be provided.
7. Korean Classes: Half price Korean language lessons at YBM headquarters.
8. Pension refund: available for Americans, Australians and Canadians.
9. Severance: Upon completion of one year contract. (Equivalent to one month salary.)
1. Start Date: We have positions starting June, July and August. Teachers will be required to arrive two or three days before their first scheduled work day.
1. Hold a valid passport from one of the following native English-speaking countries; USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia and South Africa
2. Have a minimum of a BA/BS degree in any field
3. Photocopy of diploma – this must be apostille certified.
4. National level criminal background check – this must be issued within 6 months and apostille certified.
5. Self-assessed health statement – this must be accurate and truthful.
A medical check at a designated hospital is required on arrival to Korea. Teachers may be deported if it is found their self assessment was inaccurate or untruthful.
6. Must be a native speaker of English
7. Teachers with a completed TEFL or TESOL (and/or teaching experience) will be given priority in the hiring process.
To see our website visit: http://suyu.sev.go.kr/experience/view.asp
For more information, contact Geoff Marcum at email@example.com
To apply send the following to the above email address:
2. Scanned copy of your passport information page
3. Scanned copy of your diploma
4. Teachers who have any previous teaching experience, must provide a reference
letter and/or employment verification letter from their previous employer(s).
*interviews will not be offered to applicants without the required documentation.
5. A cover letter outlining your teaching philosophy and why you want to apply for this job.