Assumption College English Program school (ACEP) will begin its seventh year in mid-March 2017. Due to continued expansion we are now seeking expressions of interest from Early Childhood, Primary AND Secondary teachers. We are seeking applicants who are QUALIFIED to teach in schools in the western countries stated.
POSITION AND APPLICATION PROCESS DETAILS:
1) This is our first round of recruitment for the 2018 school year.
2) All appointments will be for a period of one year beginning in mid-March, 2018.
3) We are seeking applicants who are qualified to teach in regular primary/secondary schools in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa ONLY. Applicants who have RECENT teaching experience in these countries are encouraged to apply.
4) ALL applicants MUST be qualified with a Bachelor Degree major in Education OR a post graduate teaching certificate (PGCE or Dip. Ed. equivalent).
5) Year 1-3 teachers teach English, Mathematics and Science to their own ‘Homeroom’ class only. They are responsible for the welfare of the students in their class as teachers are in Western Countries.
6) Year 4-6 teachers specialise in teaching ENGLISH, MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE, COMPUTERS or PE/Health to more than one class. These teachers are also responsible for the welfare of their ‘Homeroom’ class. We are accepting applications from teachers who have a passion for teaching any of the stated subjects to upper-primary aged students.
7) Year 7 - 12 teachers teach their subject of specialisation as secondary teachers are required to do in Western Countries. Most of these teachers also have their own Homeroom class. We are accepting expressions of interest from teachers who are qualified to teach the following subjects in the SECONDARY SCHOOL:
- SCIENCE (all strands)
- OCCUPATIONAL WORKS (art, craft, cooking and textiles)
8) All teachers teach for approximately 18 hours per week.
9) Class sizes are a maximum of 25 students for all Year Levels.
10) Successful applicants will receive a remuneration package that includes a combined salary & living allowance of 90,000 baht/month, health insurance and approximately nine weeks paid holiday.
11) APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Applications should be sent directly to - email@example.com
- NOTE: If applications do not have the following information they will not be considered:
i) The email’s subject should state the preferred teaching position (for example ‘Year 1-3 Homeroom Position’, ‘Year 4-6 Science Position’ or ‘Secondary Mathematics Position’).
ii) A short introductory email
iii) Your recently updated CV that includes the name, job title, current place of employment and email contact details of three professional referees. They will not be contacted until after interviews have occurred.
iv) A recent photograph
v) A scan of your passport’s photo page
- During November, we will send an extensive Information Package to applicants who are shortlisted for available positions only (* we will keep others on file for future openings *)
- All first round interviews will be conducted on Skype regardless of the applicant’s location.
12) For further information about our school please look at our website (www.acep.ac.th), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ACEPschool) or watch an 11 minute video introduction to ACEP (https://youtu.be/tXehNlUyK78).
*** ACEP accepts applications sent by email ONLY. We do not accept ‘drop-in’ applicants at any time ***
MORE DETAILS ABOUT OUR SCHOOL:
ACEP is a Thai-bilingual, co-educational school for primary and secondary school students. The subjects that ACEP students learn with foreign teachers include English, Mathematics, Science, Physical Education/Health and Computers.
After operating an English Program within Assumption College’s primary and secondary school campuses since 2002, the purpose built ACEP campus was opened in March 2012.
In its founding year ACEP educated just 255 students in Years 1, 4, 7 and 10 only. In the 2017 Academic Year, the school educates approximately 900 students in Year 1-12 classes and we expect enrolments to further increase from March 2018.
The new school is built on 36 hectares of land, approximately 30 kilometres south-west of the city centre, on Rama II Road. Teachers are provided with transport to and from the campus each day. The enormous land area, modern architecture and school’s focus on technology combine to create an ideal environment for students to learn and for teachers to work.