Red Chair Recruitment are currently seeking English language teachers for our clients,an Engineering College based in Muscat, Oman.
My clients offer vocational based higher education and training in a range of engineering disciplines. Students can study towards Vocational, Bachelors or Masters qualifications at the university with many students also traveling internationally to further their education.
The colleges ethos and state of the art facilities provide an outstanding environment for staff and students alike. This is an amazing opportunity with a fantastic tax free salary and also to live and work in one of the best locations in the Middle East, Muscat, the capital city of Oman
The position in Muscat involves teaching Foundation Program Omani students, typically aged 18-20, for between 20-25 contact hours per week. The working week is Sunday through Thursday. In addition to teaching a range of levels from Starter (A1) to Intermediate (B1+), teachers may also be required to teach IELTS preparation as all Foundation students must achieve an overall Band 5 as a pre-requisite for entry to an Engineering program.
• Maintain a professional and enthusiastic manner while representing the school
• Be able to develop accurate and thorough lesson plans for each class.
• Be able to follow the curriculum provided as well as use initiative with activities and exercises.
• Strong ability to use educational technology and resources
• Strong motivator and ability to communicate clearly and manage classrooms effectively.
• Ability to discuss in detail students’ progress and any other relevant information with parents and / or senior staff.
• Culturally aware of your new environment and practice and protocol in Saudi Arabia
• Willingness to work in what can sometimes be a challenging environment.
• Be able to deal with disciplinary matters effectively and fairly.
• Obviously be patient and interested in student’s progression and development.
• Plan and deliver engaging and interactive lessons aimed at achieving key learning outcomes
• Use experience in supplementing and adapting materials according to the needs of the students
• Implement a student-centered approach and support the development of learner autonomy
• Use digital teaching aids to enhance teaching and learning
• Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times
• Motivate students by developing a strong rapport and maintaining a fair and consistent approach to discipline
• Actively participate in professional development
• keep up-to-date and accurate class records, reporting on student progress, invigilating and marking exams, partaking in committee membership.
• A minimum of MA qualification, specifically in English, Education, ESOL or Applied Linguistics coupled with a BA degree in English, Education or Applied Linguistics WILL ONLY will be considered
• DELTA, CELTA, TEFL or equivalent qualification essential.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• Be able to speak English to mother tongue standard
• Ability and willingness to relocate
• Ability to meet all above responsibilities
Package on offer:
• A TAX FREE Housing and salary package of 22,800 Omani Rial per year ( Inclusive payment)
• Yearly Bonus
• Flights ( two yearly) Visas organised and provided
• Extensive paid holidays
• Three Year Contract
If these super posts are of interest to you, and if you are a holder of a MA degree as outlined above, please forward your cv to me directly at email@example.com for further details.
We Get People,
Red Chair Recruitment, Recruitment House, 91 New Street, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mob: +353 (0)86 468 1212
LinkedIn: – http://ie.linkedin.com/in/adrienking feel free to get connected with me