Job Posting – Full Time ESL Instructor
Location: Takasaki, Gunma, Japan
Post date: November 20, 2017
Industry: Education / Teaching
Function: Teacher, Instructor (ELT, Conversational English)
Work Type: Full Time / Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary: ¥260,000 + / Month plus bonus and car
• Native English speaker
• Completion of post-secondary studies preferably in communications, education, or early childhood development
• Must be able to work for a minimum of 18 months
• Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance is available for the successful candidate
• Teach English to both adults and children at our locations
• Teach English lessons off-site at public centers, company offices, etc.
• Lesson planning for each class and regular progress reports
• Participation in all school events including open houses and seasonal activities
• The position is approximately 36 hours per week including 24 hours of instruction with 4 weeks paid holidays
Maple Leaf English School is a growing, private English school serving the Takasaki area of Gunma Prefecture. Takasaki is a modern, mid-sized city with a rich history that offers the best of both worlds in Japan – proximity to the beautiful Japanese countryside including onsens, golf, and ski hills while being only 50 minutes via train to the metropolitan hub of Tokyo.
We are currently recruiting a full-time native English teacher for all our language programs including pre-school and elementary students aged 3 – 12, conversational classes with junior/high school students, adult conversational, and professional English programs (business, medical, and hospitality). The classes are typically 45 minutes long for conversational classes and 1 hour for professional / private lessons.
Formal education focusing on early childhood education or post-secondary education with experience working with young children would be an asset. Content creation skills are highly desirable and a positive mental attitude is essential. Comprehensive training, curriculum and lesson plans will be provided but the successful candidate will be encouraged to create learning materials and have direct input to the classroom curriculum.
The position will start early 2018.
• Cover letter / email including reasons for wanting to live / work in Japan
• A recent photo
• Two professional references
• Copy of post-secondary degrees / certifications
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Please send your application documents or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.