Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern. Apollo is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated teachers to join our Hai Phong team. There are a excellent professional development and career opportunities available with Apollo, where we are committed to our slogan, 'where the best become better' for both our staff and students. You will have access to excellent facilities and be working with a brand new series of courseware and other learning resources provided by National Geographic learning.
Start date: December 2017 - March 2018
We have 22 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate more than 20 training centres nationwide. We offer a range of classes, teaching young learners (3 to 17) and adults (17+) with opportunities to teach Adult classes, Business English and corporate clients.
At Apollo you can expect:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- A variety of courses and learners
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
- Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
- Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
- Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
- Administering and marking course tests
- Writing student reports
- Conducting placement testing
- Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Whenever possible, teachers are scheduled two consecutive days off.
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent (100% online TEFL certificates will not be accepted)
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Full mastery of English
• A willingness to teach across our full range of classes
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 4 months’ validity on passport
• Experience of teaching young learners desirable
- Competitive salary
Please visit our website http://teachatapollo.com or http://apollo.edu.vn&nbs p;for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam.
Interested candidates are invited to apply to Mr. Tim Barker through email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.