The American Baccalaureate School (www.abs.edu.kw) is an AdvancED (US) accredited non-profit K-12 school offering a challenging American curriculum enabling students to achieve their fullest social, intellectual, emotional and physical potential. The American Baccalaureate School currently has the following positions available for immediate start:
Early Years Teacher
Core Subjects Teacher
Middle School/High School
Instructional Technology Coordinator / Teacher
Integrated Technology / Computer Teacher
Contracts are for 2 years. Salary and benefits are calculated on an individual basis dependent upon experience; however, the following is a general guide:
• Tax-free competitive salary.
• Economy air fare from point to point origin - Reimbursed.
• Paid summer leave for approximately 65 consecutive days.
• Excursion air fare allowance to and from point of origin for summer leave – Reimbursed.
• Housing Options: KD 250 per month housing allowance, or furnished housing.
• Paid utilities (except telephone & internet) when in ABS housing.
• Transportation to and from the school for 6 weeks from first official day of work for
New overseas employees – usually starting mid to late August. Employees who
arrive late will receive two weeks of transport.
• Assistance with finding permanent personal transport will be provided.
• Baggage and shipping allowance of $200 US (with receipts).
• Group Life, Personal Accident and Workmen's compensation insurance.
• Paid private health insurance.
• Assistance with processing work visa, residency, and driving license.
• Kuwaiti visa expense (for 2+ year contracts only) reimbursable in the January of the second academic year.
• Opportunities for after school tutoring to earn extra wages.
• Professional development workshops.
• Up to 2 days leave for attending a recruiting fair for non-returning faculty (with prior approval of the administration).
• 2 personal days annually (must be pre-approved).
• End of service award in accordance with Kuwait labor law.
To apply send resume and copy of passport photo page to firstname.lastname@example.org