Daegu Catholic University (DCU), located near Daegu in Gyeongsan-si, Gyeongbuk, South Korea seeks qualified candidates for full-time faculty positions beginning in the 2018 Spring semester.
CU was established in 1914. Actually it has about 13,400 students, 12 colleges, and 66 majors. This includes the School of Medicine and Pharmacy, in addition to the Graduate Schools.
1. Institution: Daegu Catholic University, Korea
2. The starting date of Employment: March 1, 2018
3. General Qualifications
1) Applicants must be a foreign citizen and have a Master's degree or higher.
2) Applicants must have at least two years of teaching or research experience in a university or college.
3) Applicants must be legally eligible to work at a private university in Korea.
4) Applicants must teach courses in the English language.
4. Contract Conditions
1) Position: Full-time Faculty (Assistant Professor)
2) Contract Term: One year (renewable)
3) Salary: Commensurate with rank, qualifications and experience.
The international faculty members in Foreign Language Education Center are paid according to their teaching experience and research career.
a) Master's degree plus two years of university teaching experience after obtaining the MA : from 34,200,000 won per year.
b) When you don't fulfill the above mentioned requirements, you can be paid less.
c) Doctor's degree: from 34,800,000 won per year
4) Taxation: Monthly salary is paid after deducting all applicable taxes according to Korea Tax Law.
5) Teaching Hours
a. 12 hours per week / 16 weeks per semester.
b. During vacation: upon request (for 16 days), paid extra.
6) Paid vacation: More than 4 months per year (Summer/Winter)
1) Office on campus is provided.
2) A contributory Employee Health Insurance Plan and Teachers¡¯ Pension will be included and the University will cover the employer fees.
3) If the employee returns to his/her permanent residence after completing the employment contract with Daegu Catholic University for over 2 years, one-way airfare (a fixed amount) is provided.
6. Website: www.cu.ac.kr
7. Application Deadline: By December 28, 2017 (Korean local time)
8. Recruiting Fields
Department: Foreign Language Education Center
Subjects: Practical English
9. Required documents
1) Resume with a cover letter and contact phone number/ e-mail address.
2) One Recent photo (3.5 X 4.5 cm) - it is required at Immigration Office.
3) Copies of all degrees.
4) Copy of the passport information page with photo.
5) Copies of all transcripts.
6) Copy of Alien Registration Card (if available).
7) Proof of listed job experience.
Successful candidates will need to supply the following additional documents by January 31, 2018 (Korean local time), but you can submit your original final diploma by February 14, 2018 (Korean local time).
1) Original university diploma(s).
2) Transcript of final degree.
- Transcript with an official seal affixed. It must be sealed by university.
3) Proof of listed job experience at a university or college.
11. How to Apply
- Only through e-mail (Dr. Yeo, Kyung-Hee, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)
by December 28, 2017 (Korean Local Time).
12. Further Information
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.