This is a one-year (from March 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019) fixed term position with Seoul Global High School (SGHS) through Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education (SMOE). The contract period could be renewed on a yearly basis. SGHS is a specialized public high school that focuses on the social sciences and humanities for 10th to 12th graders. It is located in central Seoul, Korea.
SGHS is looking for two teachers:
• an English teacher and
• an Economics teacher
• Bachelor's degree in the designated subject areas (English / Economics)
CORE DUTIES & JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Teach 18 to 20 hours per week during the semesters.
• The subjects may include core subjects (related to applicant’s area of study) as well as ESL classes.
• The subjects within the regular curriculum will be co-taught with Korean teachers.
• Teach at an English camp (either at SGHS or at an assigned institute by the SMOE) for two weeks at a time during the summer (mid-July to mid-August) and the winter (January) breaks.
• May be requested to teach at after-school programs with extra payment.
• Required to participate in school events and help with the administrative work of the school.
• Guaranteed 21 days of paid leave per year.
• Housing close to the school is provided.
• The monthly, severance, and contract renewal pay comply with the regulations of SMOE.
• The International Education Department, SGHS:
• SMOE coordinator: