The Bohme English Academy
Position: Full-time teacher
Starting date: April 2018
Location: Ichinomiya city & Gifu city, Japan.
Working schedule: 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday)
Thank you for considering a job at the Bohme English Academy. We have two positions opening. These positions involve teaching children of various ages, but the majority of the students will be between the ages 1-8. There will also be the chance to teach some adult students, but the focus of these positions are teaching young children.
* Applicants with teaching degrees, and/or qualifications such as the CELTYL will be highly favoured.
* We are looking for a teacher who is flexible and adaptable and has the ability/desire to teach a wide range of students.
* We would like applicants to have experience in the field of early childhood teaching.
*An ability to work independently is very important. While we will train successful candidates, we recognize that every teacher is different and has strengths in different areas. With this in mind we want our teachers to use their own teaching style & methods to create fun and exciting classes for our students.
* Someone who really enjoys teaching children, and enjoys planning fun & engaging lessons.
* Someone who is comfortable teaching very young learners, and can demonstrate the patience sometimes needed in order to teach these classes.
* Our 3 home schools are based in Ichinomiya City (Aichi Prefecture), Ginan Town and Gifu City (Gifu Prefecture).
* Classrooms are fully equipped with unlimited internet access, video / audio access and countless supplementary materials.
* Our class size limits are as follows:
1-2 year olds (with mothers) - 8 student limit
3-6 year olds (with a Japanese assistant) 15 student limit
6-10 year olds - 8 student limit
11-16 year olds - 8 student limit
* Pre-school age (3-6 year olds) classes can anywhere between 75 minutes to 2 hours.
* Most elementary school age classes 50 minutes, but we do run a couple of longer classes as well.
* Teaching materials are provided, but we actively encourage our teachers to create their own lesson materials as well.
- Native English speaker.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- TESOL / ESL training and experience in an ESL setting.
- The ability to plan enjoyable, high quality lessons for a variety of classes.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- DBS check/Criminal records check
- At least two references
- Experience living overseas for a minimum of 6 months.
- Japanese is an asset, as is any other second language.
- The ability to adhere to curriculum planning deadlines.
- International drivers license.
- Starting salary: 250,000 yen per month.
- Performance bonuses.
- Fully furnished and spacious shared staff house/apartment (depends on school). ¥40,000 / month plus shared utilities and internet, as well as refundable deposits.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Travel bonus, as well as a contract completion bonus.
- Company will provide a cell phone if needed - call charges to be paid by you.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a cover letter explaining about your experience, why you want to come to Japan and recent photo to:
*Please note: Due to the volume of applications, if you haven't heard from us within a 3 week period please deem yourself unsuccessful.