Director of Studies sought for EFL/ESP programs in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere in
POSITION: Director of Studies
LOCATIONS: Saudi Arabia and elsewhere in the Gulf region
START DATE: July/August 2014; possible additional future opening
AMIDEAST is seeking experienced Directors of Study to manage client-based English language training programs in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere in the Gulf region. Some programs also incorporate technical training components. The Director of Studies ensures the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for trainees and is responsible for maintaining and raising standards of trainee attainment and achievement. The Director of Studies deploys, supervises, and reviews the performance of teaching/support staff; manages program financial and physical resources; leads curriculum and assessment development; and facilitates ongoing professional development of faculty. Effective and collaborative program coordination is required with the client/sponsor and AMIDEAST.
• Oversee day-to-day management, control and operation of the English program, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources
• Develop and review syllabi, teaching resources, assessment and teaching and learning strategies
• Formulate aims, objectives and strategic plans relevant to student/trainee needs and client aims and objectives
• Supervise and collaborate with Senior Teacher Coordinator(s) to ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, and high quality curriculum and program
• Lead curriculum and assessment development
• Actively monitor and follow up trainee progress
• Ensure that staff development needs are identified and implemented
• Undertake performance reviews of administrative and teaching staff
• Serve a central role in faculty recruitment efforts and ensure effective induction of new staff
• Develop and implement program policies and procedures and ensure that HR and personnel requirements are met
• Foster and oversee the effectively utilization of ICT and educational technology.
• Institute common standards of practice and develop the effectiveness of teaching and learning styles
• Ensure institutionalization of model practices in quality assurance
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date student record information.
• Analyse and evaluate student performance data, prepare project reports and take appropriate action as required
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Citizen of USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
• A master’s degree in ES/FL, educational management or a related field from an accredited Western university
• Five (5) years of supervisory, management and/or teacher training experience in an English language program
• Five (5) years of classroom teaching experience preferably in the MENA region and ideally in a vocational learning context
• Previous residence in the Middle East and familiarity with life and culture in the Middle East
• Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using educational technology for instructional purposes
• Familiarity with and respect for the multicultural diversity and traditions that exist in Saudi Arabia
Renewable one-year contracts include generous salary and allowances, travel to post and for annual leave, 30 calendar days of paid annual leave, health insurance, and end-of-service gratuity.
To apply: click on https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT/ .
Scroll to the Director of Studies job listing where you will be able to apply online. Once you create your account, you will need to upload your CV and a cover letter; additional documents will be requested from candidates being considered for interview. Kindly indicate the date you are available for work in your cover letter and/or in the relevant data field.