Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia-LVSA is looking for English Instructors
The English instructor is responsible for facilitating the acquisition of English language within an engaging learning environment to prepare Saudi young adults for the Cambridge PET Certification, future vocational studies in English as well as entrance into the multi-cultural workforce of Saudi Arabia.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 25 contact hours per week, plus cover teaching when required
• Produce effective lesson plans and supplementary learning materials
• Write formal and informal assessments
• Invigilate and otherwise participate in students’ assessment
• Provide meaningful student feedback
• Mark and report student results accurately
• Attend departmental meetings
• Participate in professional development sessions
• Participate in PET speaking examiner training
• Collaborate with diploma content teachers for ESP courses
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (If the degree is in an English related field, transcripts that include a teaching practicum act as a CELTA equivalent). Master’s degree is preferred.
• CELTA (TESOL, TEFL and TESL qualifications are also acceptable only if combined with an English related degree and the certification is completed in class with a minimum of 120 hours with at least 6 hours of observed teaching)
• Minimum of 3 years of post-secondary teaching experience preferably in Saudi Arabia (not part time or private tutoring)
• Non-native English speakers should present IELTs 7.5 Academic for contract confirmation.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context
• Ability to respond positively to a changing environment
• Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Performance-driven enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills
• Familiarity with education-related technology (IWB’s, Moodle, Web Quests) is preferred
Interested candidates may send a copy of their CV, Degree, Certificate, and passport to email@example.com
For further information, please check www.laureate.net and http://www.laureatevocational.sa/