Shane English School China is looking for a number of teachers to fill some exciting young learner positions over the next few months, including some immediate starts.
We are looking for fun, friendly, self-motivated teachers with a keen interest in teaching young learners. Our students are aged from 3 to 16 years old and you will teach a maximum of 90 hours per month with no scheduled office hours beyond that time. We will provide all the course materials, technology, and a Chinese teaching assistant for each class. We encourage you to use your passion and creativity in delivering the lesson content.
We currently have openings for immediate and ongoing starts in these places:
- Shanghai - the biggest modern city
- Yuxi - explore beautiful Yunnan province
- Suqian - a very friendly, rapidly growing school in Jiangsu
- Shaoxing - get involved with a brand-new school in a beautiful, traditional Chinese town
- Liyang - explore beautiful Tianmu Lake
- Changzhou - China's home of DINOSAURS!!!
- Cixi - famous for rice wine
- Wuxi – Nice city in Jiangsu
- Lanzhou – Nice city in Gansu
Great opportunities for experienced teachers throughout the company!
Salary and Benefits
- a competitive starting salary of 8,500-16,000 RMB per month (according to the different cities)
- an additional housing allowance of 1,000 RMB per month
- generous end-of-contract bonuses, including a completion bonus of 5,000 RMB, a performance bonus of 5,000 RMB and a re-signing bonus of 5,000 RMB
- 22 days paid leave
- health insurance reimbursement of 1,300 RMB
- airport pick-up, hotel accommodation for the first few nights, and ongoing welfare support
- support with set-up costs (including housing deposit) available
- full orientation and on-boarding process and ongoing training and development
- advancement opportunities throughout the company
- full support from Western academic management
- weekly Chinese classes
- regular social events
- sponsored working visa and FEC
Actual salary will depend on location, and has been calculated to allow a comfortable standard of living, as well as the opportunity to save.
We welcome applications from:
- native speakers from the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Canada, the USA, New Zealand and Australia (for visa reasons)
- teachers holding a 120 hour TEFL certificate (or equivalent). Candidates without a TEFL certificate are still encouraged to apply, as we can arrange for this qualification to be taken on arrival in Shanghai
- teachers holding a bachelors' degree in any subject (must be notarized)
- anyone who is willing to make a one year (minimum) commitment to helping our young students achieve their dreams while getting to know this amazing city
If you are interested in joining our team, please email us at email@example.com. We will schedule an interview with a member of our academic team. Please provide all available documents, along with a recent CV and brief introduction.
Applicants who do not meet all of the above criteria are welcome to apply, though only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.