We are seeking a creative and experienced native English teacher to join our English team at a small secondary boarding school in Pakchong, Nakhorn Ratchasima, Thailand.
Located in thirty-three acres of green fertile land, Panyaprateep School provides a holistic education based on Buddhist principles, namely an education of physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
The position will involve teaching students aged 12-18yrs, no more than a total of 15 periods a week. You must be a proactive individual with a keen interest in motivating and inspiring teenagers to communicate confidently in English, as well as express themselves creatively and imaginatively.
You will be a dedicated and responsible teaching professional with good subject knowledge, a bachelor’s degree, TEFL certificate, and at least one-years experience teaching English as a second language.
Salary: 35,000 TBH
• Accommodation and three meals a day, including vegetarian, provided on-site free of charge
• Visa and work permit, including expenses, except first 3-month non-B visa
• 20,000 Baht towards health insurance of your own choice
• Small school, small class sizes, friendly community
• Weekly Dhamma talk by Venerable Ajahn Jayasaro, an English-born monk and advisor to the school
• Native English speaker
• Comfortable working and living in a Buddhist community of teachers and students taking the five precepts
• A commitment to continued self-improvement in line with the school's Buddhist values
• Must be open-minded, self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and possess a sense of responsibility
• Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree, and TEFL/CELTA certificate an advantage
• At least one year experience teaching English as a second language preferable
• Able to create lessons plans and materials that integrate both academic and life skills, following the school curriculum and our Buddhist Wisdom Education framework
• Able to complete a 1-year contract
• Participate in a 5-day student field trip each term, going to different parts of the country
• Participate in various school activities, such as volunteer activities, sports and games, clubs, morning chanting, etc.
If you have the qualities to join our team, please send me your resume/CV, along with a cover letter to: email@example.com