Discover Korea and teach English in Korean public schools through the English Program In Korea (EPIK).
EPIK is affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education and has the objective of improving the English speaking abilities of Korean students. In order to achieve this objective, EPIK employs native English speaking teachers and places them in Korean public schools throughout the country. Because EPIK is a highly recognized public school teaching program, it is an excellent opportunity that provides a great chance for teachers to begin and/or develop their careers. EPIK is known for its fair recruiting procedures, so do not hesitate to apply.
- School Type: Korean public schools (elementary ~ high school)
- Location: Nationwide
- Starting Date: Spring/Fall
- Teaching age group: Elementary ~ high school students
- Salary: 2.0~2.7 million Korean Won per month
- Contract Length: One year (renewable)
- Vacation: about 18 days & national holiday
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM
- Teaching Hours: Approximately 22 hours per week
EPIK teachers are required to assist Korean English teachers with their classes and practice duties specified by Metropolitan Office of Education (MOE)/Provincial Office of Education (POE). Preparing classes and developing teaching materials are essential parts of the job.
- Furnished single housing
- Severance payment (approx. one month’s salary)
- National pension
- National health insurance
- 300,000 KRW Settlement allowance
- 2,000,000 KRW Renewal allowance upon contract renewal
- 1,300,000 KRW Entrance allowance
- 1,300,000 KRW Exit allowance
- EPIK orientation (7~10 days)
- Income Tax Exemption (US,AU,NZ,UK, SA citizens only)
* Benefits are subject to changes depending on the program.
- Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language (must be from USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia or South Africa)
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Possess no criminal history
Please submit your resume to email@example.com