Korea UNESCO Global Peace Village(GPV), founded in 2008, is a co-operative organization run by the Korean National Commission for UNESCO(KNCU) and Icheon City. Since its opening in 2008, GPV has been dedicated to providing a unique English education environment and preparing students to become global citizens.
CONNECT WITH STUDENTS: GPV teachers believe that every lesson has the power to inspire, every hour in the classroom is precious and every student has the potential to succeed. Our Program also features enriching classes such as cooking, sports, pottery and more.
WHAT & WHERE YOU¡¦LL TEACH: GPV partners with public elementary schools across the city. We believe teaching is a privilege and we meet more than 2,500 elementary school students from Icheon throughout the year. Together GPV teachers are proving what¡¦s possible in English education in Korea. Students come and stay for a week (Monday-Friday), so the village has a camp like atmosphere with activities not confined to the classroom.
CONTENTS: GPV Teachers are curriculum designers. Our curriculum is practical, relevant, and immediately applicable in any English dialogue situation.
HERE are our teachers¡¦ creative ideas:
● UNESCO Core Values: Peace, Culture, Eco, World Heritage and Little UN
● Culture Box Projects: Students can understand both Korean and different cultures through International Cultural Exchange with schools around the world
● Vacation Camps with a variety of topics i.e. ¡§Social Network¡¨: Students learn how SNS is used and discuss different aspects of social networking sites like Instagram and Twitter
● Cultural Experience Programs: Easter Culture, Halloween Program, Christmas Tradition
Bottom line? Our curriculum makes English simple for everyone to learn. No creative limits.
COMMUNITY: GPV is a hyper-creative and dynamic place. We like to keep things interesting with staff from different cultures (the USA, Canada, South Africa, UK) and have fun doing things together.
We are looking for teachers from the USA, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, UK and Canada now.
● 2 English Teaching positions are available: As soon as possible
● Weekend programs provide an opportunity for overtime/ extra work over weekends
● 2 different working shifts. (Day shift: 9 a.m-6 p.m. / Night shift: 12 p.m.-9 p.m.)
„« 1hour lunch break
„« Max 30 hours teaching per week
● Small class sizes of up to 17 students
● Seoul is easily accessible by bus, about 50km distance between Seoul and Icheon.
BENEFITS: GPV teachers are employed by KNCU and earn the salary and benefits from both KNCU and Icheon city.
● Basic salary: 2.35~2.52 million Korean won per month including meal subsidy (150,000 won)
● 14 days paid vacation
● Return airfare reimbursement
● Severance pay (After successful completion of 1-year contract)
● Accommodation provided (single room with private facilities)
● Basic household expenses are paid by the organization (electricity, heating/cooling, internet access, water)
● Benefits include medical insurance, national pension services and unemployment insurance according to Korean Labor Law
● In the case of a contract renewal, 5 days paid vacation and a round-trip ticket to your home country will be provided.
Please download the application form by visiting our webpage below and submit the completed form along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
GPV webpage: http://gpv.unesco.or.kr/en/community/notice.php
** We only review applicants who include a cover letter and our completed application form.
Ms. Noori Lee
Korea UNESCO Global Peace Village
Tel: 82 31 637 9840 Fax: 82 31 637 9894
Address: 167, Deokpyung-ro 470beon-gil, Hobeop-myeon, Icheon-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea