Exciting Opportunities to Teach in Saudi Arabia for Female Candidates
Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is part of the Laureate International Universities Network (http://www.Laureate.net) the world’s largest global education provider with more than 800,000 students in over 75 institutions across 29 countries and online. LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia since 2009 with over 300 employees and currently operates seven vocational campuses in Riyadh, Jeddah, Mecca, Kharj (south of Riyadh) and Rabigh (north of Jeddah). These vocational colleges offer two and three-year technical training programs to Saudi students between the ages of 18-23 that will lead to vocational qualifications at a range of levels in a variety of subjects. The new colleges will eventually grow to a capacity of 12,000 students.
As part of the Laureate Global Network, Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is seeking Female English Instructors for their well-established vocational institutes and colleges.
The LVSA Female English Instructor will be responsible for assisting beginner English language learners in reaching an intermediate level (approximately A1 to B1 proficiency on the Common European Frame of Reference). Activities and operations include curriculum evaluation and development, coordination with technical instructors to integrate curriculums, test evaluation, invigilation, recording/reporting of grades, lesson preparation and teaching communicative classes for up to 25 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 25 hours per week, plus cover teaching if required
• Prepare lessons
• Assess and report on student progress
• Use technology such as LMS, IWBs, online testing and eLearning applications as mandated by institutional policies
• Counsel students on their progress
• Attend departmental meetings and professional development sessions
• Work within the faculty on program development
• Invigilate assessments
To be considered for this role, the below are the requirements:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree. English or Literature or TESOL or Education majoring in Teaching preferred.
• Delta or Celta preferred (as an alternative a TESOL and/or TEFL and/or ESOL and/or PGCE with minimum 120 hours in class and minimum 6 hours of observed teaching could be an acceptable)(Online degrees will NOT be considered unless it’s blended learning from a reputable university)
• MA’s in TESOL that have a teaching practicum are acceptable
• Minimum 3 years experience teaching secondary or higher level students
• Experience with the KEY/PET examinations is a plus
• Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred
• Possess a strong knowledge of English and teaching techniques
• Highly organized and dependable
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral English
• Comfortable with technology in the classroom
• Familiarity with interactive whiteboards is a plus
• Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills and highly effective relationship building skills
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context
In return you will receive:
• Attractive Base Salary
• Additional 15% of base salary provided as undefined benefits
• Additional 10% of base salary offered as end of year service bonus (paid annually)
• Additional 25% of base salary offered as housing allowance for males
• Health insurance
• 30 calendar days paid vacation
• Air ticket from home country & return ticket upon completion of contract
• Subsidized educational development opportunities within the Laureate International Universities network toward a part-time Master's or Ph.D. degree on selected on-line degree programs
• Option to extend initial year contract according to eligibility
If you are interested in the English Instructor position please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This advertisement is for positions in female colleges and the College will be required to staff only female candidates for its current openings in these colleges in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.