We are seeking applications from suitably qualified English Language Educators, to join the our School of Languages and English in RMIT Hanoi campus in 2018.
Details of Position
The RMIT Vietnam School of Languages and English (SLE) offers a range of English programs designed to support students English language development, at any level, from preparing for higher education or IELTS through to supporting and developing their careers.
The majority of the School's courses run for 20 hours a week for 5 or 10 weeks, Monday to Friday, 8 to 6. Evening and weekend work may also be required.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified English Language Educators, to join the SLE at our RMIT Hanoi campus in 2018.
- Effectively teach in required discipline field including: assisting in materials design; conducting assessment; course evaluation activities; gathering and using student feedback to inform improvement of teaching effectiveness.
- Engage in a scholarly and reflective approach to teaching as evidenced through classroom observations, peer mentoring and appropriate professional learning.
- Participate in School wide activities as requested and undertake a range of administration activities related to the position.
- Actively engage in the use and implementation of appropriate educational technologies to improve student learning and teaching practice.
- Provide a range of student support for English language learning as directed including on line and one to one assistance.
- Educators may be invited to take on academic leadership roles within SLE or at any of its locations of delivery. Educators are also responsible for supporting duties including; preparation, marking or course related administration along with meetings associated with teaching duties.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A Master's Degree.
- At least 5 years of cumulative teaching experience in a similar role (formally supported by a statement of service.)
- A recognised international qualification in teaching English as a foreign/second/further language (such as CELTA or equivalent course)
- Demonstrated ability of teaching pathway programs, diploma programs and/or degree programs in the relevant field/s including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum materials.
Salary and Benefits
- Excellent hourly rates from $28.00 - $36.00 per teaching hour (based on qualifications and post-teaching qualification experience)
- Internationally recognized University with world class teaching facilities
- Ongoing professional development and mentoring for all staff
- Excellent academic guidance and supportive team structures
- Opportunities to progress to a full-time educator or senior educator position (full-time educators in the SLE are recruited internally from the hourly paid staff pool).
- Health insurance
- Free access to on-site medical centre [Out patient access]
- Free access to on-site gym and recreational facilities, including tennis courts and sports fields.
- Support with Visa, Work Permit, and Residence Card processes (and reimbursement for reasonable costs)
HOW TO APPLY
See the full job advert and apply on RMIT Vietnam Careers Website at