Experience working in Vietnam, a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern at International House Vietnam (Apollo English) Great benefits and high quality resources.
Apollo is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated teachers to join our Hanoi and Hai Phong teams. There are a excellent professional development and career opportunities available with Apollo, where we are committed to our slogan, 'where the best become better' for both our staff and students. You will have access to excellent facilities and be working with a brand new series of courseware and other learning resources provided by National Geographic learning.
Application contact: Tim Barker (Nationwide Recruitment Manager), firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: June, July, August and September 2018
We have 22 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate more than 20 training centres nationwide.
At Apollo you can expect:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- A variety of courses and learners
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
- Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
- Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
- Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
- Administering and marking course tests
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week. Whenever possible, teachers are scheduled two consecutive days off.
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent (100% online TEFL certificates will not be accepted)
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• As-native English proficiency
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• Experience of teaching young learners desirable
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
Relocation bonus, company health insurance scheme, visa and work permit costs covered by Apollo
Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 11 days of public holidays (applying to one year contracts)
Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates.
Application contact: Tim Barker (Nationwide Recruitment Manager); email@example.com
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.