Red Chair Recruitment are currently seeking English language teachers for our clients, Vocational Colleges in Oman. Presently Oman has six vocational colleges spread through the country and employment opportunities are nationwide.
My clients offer vocational based education and training in a range of disciplines. Students can study towards Vocational, Bachelors or Masters qualifications at the Colleges with many students progressing to careers in State and Industry bodies throughout Oman.
Location of employment opportunities are Shinas, Nizwa, Ibra, Musanna, Salalah and Muscat. Employment will commence in Early September with Interviews to be arranged in June.
The position in involves teaching Foundation Program Omani students, typically aged 17-20, for between 20-25 contact hours per week. The working week is Sunday through Thursday. In addition to teaching a range of levels from Starter (A1) to Intermediate (B1+), teachers may also be required to teach IELTS preparation also.
• Maintain a professional and enthusiastic manner while representing the school
• Be able to develop accurate and thorough lesson plans for each class.
• Be able to follow the curriculum provided as well as use initiative with activities and exercises.
• Strong ability to use educational technology and resources
• Strong motivator and ability to communicate clearly and manage classrooms effectively.
• Ability to discuss in detail students’ progress and any other relevant information with parents and / or senior staff.
• Culturally aware of your new environment and practice and protocol in Oman
• Willingness to work in what can sometimes be a challenging environment.
• Be able to deal with disciplinary matters effectively and fairly.
• Obviously be patient and interested in student’s progression and development.
• Plan and deliver engaging and interactive lessons aimed at achieving key learning outcomes
• Use experience in supplementing and adapting materials according to the needs of the students
• Implement a student-cantered approach and support the development of learner autonomy
• Use digital teaching aids to enhance teaching and learning
• Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity at all times
• Motivate students by developing a strong rapport and maintaining a fair and consistent approach to discipline
• Actively participate in professional development
• keep up-to-date and accurate class records, reporting on student progress, invigilating and marking exams, partaking in committee membership.
• Passport holders of USA, UK, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or Canada will only be considered
• Applicants must be able to meet visa requirements to obtain Employment visa in Oman
• A minimum of Bachelors level qualification, specifically in English, Education, ESOL or Applied Linguistics WILL ONLY will be considered
• DELTA, CELTA, TEFL or equivalent qualification essential.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience
• Be able to speak English to mother tongue standard
• Ability and willingness to relocate
• Ability to meet all above responsibilities
Package on offer:
• A TAX FREE Housing and salary package ranging from 15,600 – 16,800Omani Rial per year - $43,700 USD, €36,500 Euro, £32,200 GBP, $55,800CAD ( Inclusive payment of housing allowances and salary)
• Yearly Bonus
• Visas organised and provided
• Extensive paid holidays
• One Year Contract
If these super posts are of interest to you, and if you are a holder of a MA degree as outlined above, please forward your cv to me directly at email@example.com for further details.
We Get People,
Director of International Operations
Phone: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mobile: +353 (0) 86 46 81 212
IMO: +353 (0) 86 46 81 212
We also use Zoom