We are looking for dynamic and well-prepared teachers to join our language school for the academic year September 2018 - June 2019. Applicants must have English at first language level, a university degree and appropriate 120 hour TEFL qualification.
Previous teaching experience of different ages and levels, especially young learners and teens is essential. Knowledge of Cambridge exams would be an advantage, as would some knowledge of Spanish.
The positions involve teaching general English to children and young learners (age range from 4 to 18), general and business English to adults in groups and one-to-one classes, and preparation classes for Cambridge PET FC AND CAE exams.
The contract is for 25 teaching hours per week. There is no weekend work. Full paid, in-house training is provided at the start of the contract and on-going training sessions are held throughout the academic year.
The inlingua language centre is a small, friendly language school with British management. Opened in 1986, our school is located in the town centre of Lorca in the south-east province of Murcia. Our teaching team provides high quality language training for children, young learners, adults and companies in the local area.
Lorca is in the region of Murcia in the south-east of Spain and has a population of around 80,000. It is a typical bustling Spanish town with everywhere a short walking distance away. It is a great place to learn and practice Spanish with language exchange groups taking place frequently near the school during the week. There are many bars and restaurants serving tapas, typical of the region, and plenty of cafés to sit outside and enjoy the 320 days of sunshine which Lorca has each year. The coastal town of Aguilas (30km from Lorca) is easily reached by train and bus, as is Murcia, the capital city of the region. The nearest airports to Lorca with bus and train connections are Alicante and Murcia (San Javier).
Contract 17 September 2017 - 30 June 2018.
25 teaching hours Monday to Friday, no weekend work.
Competitive salary above national pay scales. Details on application.
• Full Social Security cover paid
• Paid holidays at Christmas and Easter plus any other local or national holidays
• Help provided in finding accommodation
• Help setting up bank account and initial paperwork required for working in Spain
• Spanish classes available at the school
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Have English at first language level
• Have a European Union Passport
• Have a university degree
• Have a 120 hour TEFL/CELTA/TESOL certificate
• Have at least one year's experience of teaching EFL to wide range of levels and ages
• Be comfortable teaching different levels, including young children, teens and adults
• Experience in preparing students for Cambridge exams would be an advantage
• A knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage though not a necessity
PLEASE SEND YOUR C.V. COVERING LETTER AND A RECENT PHOTO TO firstname.lastname@example.org