- Where demand dictates, give up to 30 hours total of face to face or online classes to clients under a BE Team Premium contract. Act on instructions of what to teach after liaising with the consultant responsible for the student (how you deliver the content of these classes is at your discretion as long as key progression points met).
- In quieter times, be prepared to give classes to other contracted BE students and/or students taking TE classes.
- Projects ranging from resource compiling to writing articles for school’s guide magazines or other unspecified projects expected when the month’s teaching schedule is considerably lighter.
- Reports and lesson planning will account for all other available time on the job, to be submitted to deadlines and via correct channels.
- Attend training in SH as and when required (normally once a year).
- Identify ways to correct student progression if previous methods aren’t producing results.
- Be acutely aware of student’s schedules in terms of their exam dates and trips to the UK for assessment days etc.
- The job may require giving presentations on the UK boarding school system to our business partners to help with BE brand awareness and client network.
- Contribute to school’s guide magazines offering insight on various aspects of succeeding in the UK independent sector, pitfalls of application procedures etc, arranging spreadsheets of school data and ranking.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Engage with Children of different ages (roughly 7-16 years old) to deliver lessons across a variety of subjects specific to UK Independent School entrance exams.
- 2 years tutoring experience essential, classroom teaching beneficial but not essential.
- English, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal reasoning, Interview Preparation, Current Affairs all critical subjects. Any other subjects a bonus.
- Ability to liaise and schedule teaching hours with team of consultants and plan and deliver classes with detailed feedback to strict deadlines.
- Good understanding of the UK Education system and some of the core testing methods (ISEB/CAT/UKISET), as well as of boarding life.
- Ability to create resources to complement an already comprehensive in-house database.
- Minimum 2.1 at undergraduate level and ABB or A*AB (new A-levels) at A-level.
- Boarding school education preferred but not essential
BE Education was founded in 2003 with the aim of helping Chinese students gain entry into the most reputable schools in the UK. We now have offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Zhengzhou, Hangzhou, Changzhou and London with several more planned. We’ve had years of great success placing students into elite schools in the UK and the US.
BE Education and Wycombe Abbey (UK) are establishing International schools in China (Wycombe Abbey International Schools), specialising in British IGCSE and A-Level curriculum, to allow outstanding students in China to experience elements of the British curriculum, learning style, and environment, complementing a Chinese school curriculum. As with traditional British boarding schools we have focus on sports, arts, music and drama as well as 40 different extra-curricular activities, tailored to support our students. Wycombe Abbey International Schools challenges students to continuously improve academic performance as well as actively develop their personality to become more independent and confident, among other qualities. This enables them not only to attend the world’s top-ranked universities but also to succeed at university and beyond.
BE Education organises unique Summer Courses at the world famous education institutions in the UK and the US, where students experience life at the world’s most prestigious boarding schools. This demonstrates BE Education‘s ability to work with the very best education institutions year after year.
To further support students in their preparations to study in top UK and US schools, BE Academy offers classes in several subjects taught by talented and experienced tutors familiar with the British and American education high school curriculums, our tutors not only build students’ confidence in speaking and communicating and learning in English but also provide guidance on exams and interviews as well. Through the online 51 tutors service BE Education also offers classes in a full range of subject online delivered by talented teachers familiar with the British and American high school curriculums.
BE Education also publishes the Schools Guide series in partnership with the Hurun Report. This guide provides students looking to study overseas with insight into the life and values of prestigious schools around the world.