Native English Teachers for Elite Malaysian Boarding School
CfBT Education Trust is recruiting two Native English Teachers to work on a 2-year contract at an elite residential college in Peninsula Malaysia. You will improve the standard of English in the college by teaching to students between the ages of 13 to 17. You will also improve the proficiency and pedagogy of English teachers of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be independent, flexible, resilient, self-motivated and able to thrive in a remote rural boarding school.
Criteria & Threshold Standards:-
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
•Candidates must have a degree in English / TESL / TEFL / ELT; or
•Candidates with degrees in other disciplines must have a Diploma in TESL /TEFL /ELT ; or
• A Masters in English / TESL / TEFL /ELT
English Language Proficiency:
•Candidates must submit a valid proficiency certification. Certification must be calibrated against CEFR, eg IELTS, TOEFL
Have a minimum of at least three years’ experience teaching English language is a secondary school.
It would be an added advantage if candidates:
• have conducted in-house training for lecturers
• have conducted CPD courses for school teachers
• have written materials/ resources for English Language teaching
It is essential that teachers have the soft skills required to deal with learners between the ages 13-17 and ideally, also understand the cultural context of working in Asia.
Benefits of Employment:
• A full time contract of 24 month contract starting June 2014
• Up to RM10,000 per calendar month (taxable at local rates)
• Up to 4 months’ salary as a contract completion bonus
• Car provided for professional and private use
• Accommodation on school site
• Yearly flight return flights to base country (spouse included)
• Baggage, petrol and communication allowance
If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in being a part of our team please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
• A current resume
• Scanned copies of Degrees
• Scanned copies of teaching certificates
• Scanned photograph
• Scanned copy of passport (details page)
About CfBT Education Trust
CfBT Education Trust is the leading not-for-profit education service provider. We employ more than 3,300 staff and have undertaken education reform work across more than 80 countries. CfBT is a Top-30 UK registered charity and we have had a base of operations in Malaysia since 1979.
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved