YBM/SISA founded in 1961 generated more than 420 million dollars ($US) revenues last year combining our publishing division, education division and testing division. YBM publishes Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, Reader’s Digest and is the official test administer for the TOEIC Exam as well as the Microsoft Office User Exam. YBM is the largest and most well known education based corporation within Korea offering career opportunities with chance of advancement throughout various division.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who enjoys teaching elementary level students. Teachers will be provided with a fully developed, American curriculum with classroom sizes of 10-15 students. The school is located in Seoul, one-minute walking distance from Daechi Station (Line 3)
Why work at Daechi LIA?
1. Prime Location – In the Gangnam district with all areas of Seoul easily accessible
2. Only teach elementary – Focus on teaching advanced, well-traveled elementary students
3. Guaranteed Contracts – YBM Corporation guarantees adherence to all agreements in the contract
4. Work in the ‘Hagwon Street’ – Only the most established and successful academies are placed here- opportunities to advance your career!
Start Date: Late May 2014
Position: Native English Teacher Position at Daechi LIA
Salary: 2.2 to 2.4 with housing or 2.6 to 2.8 without housing
Housing: Rent free single studio selected by YBM or Housing subsidy
Korean Pension and Health Insurance: Fully comply with this regulation
Benefits: Severance pay, 9~10 Vacation days + all national holidays off
Work Place: Daechi LIA – 1 minute walk from Daechi Station, Exit 1
Work Hours: 1:30-2:00p.m. to 8:00-9:00p.m.
Please apply if you meet these requirements
1. Native English speaker eligible for a working visa in South Korea
2. Must have one full year of relevant teaching experience at a school in Korea
3. Bachelors degree or higher
Qualifying applicants should submit a cover email, resume, recent photo and a contact number with the range of hours they can be reached.
Danny J. Kim
YBM Head Office
What to expect: Qualified applicants will be contacted by the YBM Head Office and given further instructions on the next step.