Teach English in Oman!
School Name: Colleges of Technology, the Sultanate of Oman
City: Various cities
Country: The Sultanate of Oman
Position Title: English Language Teachers
Age Group: 22 to 58 (College Students)
Start Date: Immediately, academic year 2013-2014
End Date: 31 August 2014, the contract is renewable on a yearly basis
Days Worked: Sunday to Thursday
Teaching Hours Worked per week: 16 average to 20 maximum
Daytime hours worked: Depends on class schedule
Average Class Size: 22-30
Salary: Up to OMR 1000 depending on the teacher's degree and teaching experience.
Accommodation: Housing allowance, OMR 250 outside Muscat, OMR 350 in Muscat
Flights: Air travel allowance, from Europe: OMR 450 per year.
Holidays: Public holidays as announced by the government
Other western teachers: We have teachers from all the countries in the world
End of contract Bonus: Company management’s discretion to give or not
Other Yearly Benefits:
• Health Insurance for the teacher.
• End of contract gratuity.
• Annual paid leave: Approximately 56 to 60 days
Generally our teachers MUST HAVE the following:
• BA or B.Ed. in Applied Linguistics/ ELT/ English, and a certificate/ diploma in TEFL/ TESOL/ EFL/ ESL/ CELTA, etc. or MA/ M.Ed./ PhD in Applied Linguistics/ English/ TEFL/ TESOL
• 2 years post degree experience teaching English Language to college level or adult students
• Age: 22-58 years old
• Native English Speakers from the US, Canada, Britain, Ireland, Scotland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, or any other country considered to have Native English language
If you believe you fulfil all of the above, then we would be happy to discuss the position with you! You will need to apply by doing the following:
You should go to the Teach to Travel application form via our website:
You will have to fill this out, upload your CV and photo at the bottom, and then schedule a Skype appointment through our calendar system (this comes after you submit the application form).
You should also add us on Skype at: teachtotravel1
If you have any problems, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.