Teach Adults in Seoul, Daegu, and Bundang
Wall Street English Korea prides itself on hiring the most dynamic, professional, and qualified English instructors to provide premium service for our adult students. Since the opening of our Kangnam Center in 2002, WSE Korea has seen fantastic growth in Seoul and Daegu. This growth will only continue, and we are proud to announce the opening of a new center in Bundang, which is scheduled to open March 2014, and plans for further expansion in the future.
Wall Street English, which is owned by Pearson, the largest education company in the world, is the premier provider of English instruction for individuals and corporate clients around the globe. Our proprietary and innovative Wall Street English Method integrates the best of proven teaching approaches to provide the most effective English language education available for adults.
With more than 40 years of experience, Wall Street English has provided instruction to over 2 million students worldwide and currently has more than 460 centers in 28 countries around the globe. With our commitment to excellence, a high quality academic program, the rising global demand for English, and the backing of Pearson, the sky is the limit for Wall Street English.
Why work at WSE Korea?
• Work with an innovative, globally established curriculum in the most dynamic work environment in Korea
• Professional development and opportunities for advancement; we have native English speaking Service Managers at each of our locations
• Small class sizes and fantastic adult students
• Our fun and educational Social Club program provides teachers with potential opportunities to develop relevant material based on their own talents, interests, or cultural knowledge
• With 40 hours paid training in the WSE Method, we ensure all instructors are well prepared before entering the classroom
• Our refined onboarding process makes for a smooth transition not only into the company, but also integrating culturally
• Competitive Salaries, including a 500,000KRW signing bonus
• E-2 visa sponsorship for our Full and Part-time positions
• Severance payment at the end of a completed contract
• One-way airfare or a paid visa run if needed
• Housing assistance
• Paid vacation and National holidays off
• National Health Insurance
• Matching payments into the National Pension Fund
We need professionals like you who are seeking international experience while working with people from all backgrounds. At Wall Street English, teaching English is about making a difference in our students’ lives. For more information, please also have a look at our website, http://www.wsekorea.com, and our Wall Street English Korea Facebook pages to see recent events at our Centers.
Wall Street English has a reputation for having the highest standards among private language institutes in Korea.
• Native English speaker with a passport from the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or South Africa (Korean immigration policy)
• Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university from one of the seven countries listed above (Korean immigration policy)
• CELTA/Trinity certification or MA TESOL are strongly preferred, other TEFL certifications may also be considered
• EFL teaching experience is strongly preferred
• A passion for teaching and a commitment to real English education
• An open mind towards new challenges, flexibility, a positive attitude, and the desire to help change futures
• Be able to obtain a criminal record check from a national database from your country of citizenship (Korean immigration policy)
Please write a cover letter in the body of your e-mail discussing why you would like to work at WSE Korea and attach your updated CV/resume and a recent photo to:
Additional files such as scans of degrees, certificates, letters of recommendation, etc. will be asked for later in the recruitment process, so please don’t include them with your initial e-mail.
Due to the large volume of candidates, only those who meet or exceed the requirements listed will be contacted.
• Want to see what the future looks like? In addition to being the most wired country in the world, Korea’s high rises, neon lights, and high-tech everything are truly sights to see.
• Convenience - Korea’s public transportation is amazingly efficient and incredibly affordable. Seoul’s subway system is annually selected as the best in the world, with all metros nationwide easily navigated with English signage. This is to say nothing of the well-organized bus routes and abundance of taxis.
• Safety - Korea is hands down one of the safest countries in the world.
• Korea never sleeps - Whether its bars, clubs, night markets, cafés, restaurants, spas, or whatever else you’d like to do, you can find it any time, day or night.
• Korean food is incredible - There’s an endless array of rice, noodle, meat, vegetarian, and spicy dishes for food lovers of all types.
• The great outdoors - Korea is the perfect place for a nice hike or day trip to a temple. Love the beach? Korea has 8,640 kilometers of coastline.
• A reasonable cost of living makes Korea a great place to live comfortably and save money.
• Aside from all the amazing local sites, Korea’s location also makes it an extremely convenient hub from which to travel throughout Asia.