Full-Time Native English Teachers Wanted
Transnational Law & Business University - Global School
Full-Time Native English Teachers Wanted
TLBU Global School ( http://gs.tlbu.ac.kr ) is looking for a passionate and professional full-time ESL teachers interested in teaching Middle school students of grade 7, grade 8 and grade 9; English Language of Arts (ELA) for Elementary school students of grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6; starting from the first semester academic year 1st March, 2014.
TLBU Global School, an accredited private bilingual boarding school, was established in 2008 and has been educating both Korean and American curricula to the students from Grade 4 to Grade 9 students (upper elementary and middle school students). The students, instructed to speak English at all time while they stay at school, are taught ELA, Mathematics, Science Social studies following American school textbooks in addition to the regular Korean subjects and separate ESL classes.
Currently 8 full-time or part-time native English teachers, representing 5 different countries, are teaching the American curriculum subjects and 4 other Korean English speaking staff are teaching ESL together with the native speakers.
The facilities include a cafeteria and dormitory where the teachers can eat 3 meals per day and sleep, free of charge, during their stay. Teachers will be provided with basic teaching materials and continuous friendly supports from other native speakers led by native English speaking Vice Principal.
Information for applicants:
TLBU Global School is bilingual elementary and middle school that educates both Korean and American Curricula to young children from grade 4 up to Grade 9.
Terms and Conditions for Full-time position applicants
(Contractual terms for part-time teachers will differ upon mutual agreement between the teacher and the school).
- Positions Available : 3 (Elementary & Middle School Students)
- 1 full-time teaching “ESL” (Middle Students )
- 2 full-time teaching “ELA & ESL (Elementary Students)
Duration of contract: 1 year starting 1st March, 2014 (Contract can be extended after one year)
- Teaching hours: about 20 hours per week (Less than 25 hours specified on the contract). Each class is 40 mins. Long.
- The teachers will be assigned as a Homeroom Teacher.
- The teachers may be required to Parents meeting not included in teaching hours.
- Working hours : 9 hours per day
- Health insurance and pension
- 4 week’s paid vacation per year
- Remuneration : 2.2 million Won per month minimum or more depending on teaching experience
- Housing support : 300,000 won per month
- Accommodation and meals are free on school campus
- Qualification :
- Bachelor of Education.
- Bachelor of Science degrees in Mathematics or Science or the
teachers capable of teaching American elementary
- Teaching experience preferred.
-Location of the School
Goyang City, to the North-West of Seoul (45mins distance from Central Seoul by public transportation)
- How to Apply
Applicants please send a Cover Letter, Resume with passport size picture, Copy of passport and a copy of diploma, copy and two recommendation letters via email to:
- Yong Rok Kim at email@example.com (82-31-960-1117)
- Cel at firstname.lastname@example.org (82-31-960-1171)
- Hoon at email@example.com (82-31-960-1118 / 82 -10-5388-0178 / skype ID:
byung.hoon.choi) for Global School Positions
Once all the documents are received, we will contact you by phone or email for an interview arrangement. It is preferred that the applicants from Seoul or the surrounding area have a personal interview at our school.
Interested applicants must send the documents as soon as you can and we will contact you once all the necessary documents are received .
Please refer to our TLBU websites for further information. We will be happy to provide additional information on request by email.
(To apply for E-2 visa, you need to present criminal background check and the apostilled degree that are less than 6 months old. (F5 visa) holders do not need such requirement.)