English Teachers required in Brunei.
Secondary and Primary .
Minimum Qualification Requirements
• A degree (preferably in English/Linguistics/Humanities) from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa or, the UK and to have completed your basic and tertiary education in one of these countries. Please note these countries!
• Qualified teacher status in the form of a B Ed/Dip Ed/ Dip. Teaching / PGCE preferably for secondary aged students
• Be fluent in English as a home language
• A minimum of three years relevant classroom-teaching experience. This should include students aged 4-10 yrs for primary teachers and 11-18 yrs for secondary teachers.
• Relevant subjects are English/ Literacy or a combination of these plus Humanities.
• Secondary teachers also need to have one year’s EFL/ESL experience
• For Primary Teachers - Under 52 years of age at start of contract (Bruneian government regulation)
• For Secondary Teachers - Under 55 years of age at start of contract (Bruneian government regulation)
• All teachers (both Primary and Secondary) wishing to teach in state schools must have QTS. Secondary teachers must have at least 1 year ESL/EFL experience. Primary teachers only need to demonstrate that they have taught English/Phonics and that they have early years experience.