Have you always been fascinated by the start-up world and wanted to become part of a fast-moving new venture? This is your opportunity to connect with entrepreneurs from all over the world, gain challenging hands-on experience and boost your CV! We are currently developing a new language learning application called EasyRead and are looking for language professionals and enthusiasts to join our team in Kuala Lumpur IMMEDIATELY.
What is EasyRead?
Say for example you are interested in global economics and want to read The Economist but your English skills are not yet advanced enough to understand the articles. We at EasyRead work with language professionals and language enthusiasts from around the world, take original articles and simplify/re-write them in three different difficulty levels. Hence, EasyRead allows you to read content that is of interest to you and has been re-written to match your language skills.
We are currently looking for motivated, dynamic self-starters to join our team as Language Simplifiers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Familiarise yourself with our simplification guidelines which are based on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference)
- Simplify original articles to the three difficulty levels defined in our guidelines
- Actively engage with the application and come up with ideas on how to further improve it
We would love to hear from you if the below describes you:
- You are interested in start-ups and want to gain hands-on experience
- You either study the English language, are thriving to become an English teacher or are simply enthusiastic about the language
- You are ideally based in Kuala Lumpur or Petaling Jaya
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are available at least 5-10hrs a week and can start immediately
Please note that your responsibilities don’t have to be restricted to the above! If you are also interested in learning about other areas such as business development or marketing, you are more than welcome to gain some hands-on experience in these fields as well. If you are keen to join us in disrupting the global language learning sector and become part of a fun, enthusiastic team, please email a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com. If you have any further questions, you can also call or Whatsapp us at 018-785-7218.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The EasyRead Team