Secondary school Teachers required for government run scheme in Hong Kong (NETs)
Start Date: August 2014
Visit: http://www.primeteachers.com to apply!
Prime Teachers has been selected as the UK recruitment representative for the Hong Kong Education Bureau (HKEDB). We are looking for Native English-speaking Teachers (NETs) to join a popular government run scheme in Hong Kong, starting in August 2014. Successful candidates will be teaching students between the ages of 12 and 18 in aided and government secondary schools in Hong Kong. The programme aims to enhance the teaching of English and increase students’ exposure to the English language.
• Prime Teachers have a team dedicated to this project, so our recruitment specialists will be on hand to assist shortlisted candidates throughout the recruitment process. If your CV is considered suitable for this position you will be sent a HKEDB application form to complete and you will have a pre-screen session with a member of our team.
• This position is highly sort after and shortlisted candidates will need to attend a face-to-face interview in London in February 2014
Essential Criteria for Secondary Positions (to apply for the positions you MUST meet the client’s following requirements):
• Native English speaker or native English speaking competence
• All secondary teaching candidates must have at least one year of post-graduate English teaching experience (preferably as a second or foreign language) at secondary level or above.
• Candidates must fit in to one of the following categories (categories 1 & 2 being the most preferable):
Categories 1 & 2:
Bachelor’s Degree in English or Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Major in English or a Modern Language), Post Graduate Diploma in Education majoring in English or its equivalent and TEFL/TESL qualification at least at diploma level
(for Category 2 – no TEFL/TESL needed)
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Linguistics or a Modern Language and Post Graduate Diploma in Education or its equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject and Post Graduate Diploma in Education majoring in English or its equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject, Post Graduate Diploma in Education or its equivalent and TEFL/TESL qualification preferably at diploma level
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Linguistics or a Modern Language and TEFL/TESL qualification at least at diploma level
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject and Master’s Degree in TEFL/TESL, or equivalent
**Please note: qualifications must be recognised by the HKEDB.**
• Salary from around HK$24,450 – HK$56,810 (approx. £1,956* to £4,545*) per month – dependent on qualifications (see categories)
• End of contract gratuity, if performance and conduct have been satisfactory (approximately 15%)
• Return airfare reimbursed per contract (including luggage on first appointment)
• Cash retention incentive provided from third year of continuous service onwards
• Medical insurance allowance
• Housing allowance for teachers whose normal residence is outside Hong Kong (HK$16,859 per month – approximately £1348*)
• Paid holiday as per the academic calendar (number of school days will vary, but the school year must be at least 190 days)
• Two year contract (renewable)
WE WILL NOT CONSIDER OR REPLY TO ANY APPLICATIONS IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ESSENTIAL CRITERIA LISTED ABOVE SO PLEASE ENSURE YOU MATCH THE DETAILED REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved