Academic Director Position YBM Language Institutes – Shinchon (Seoul)
YBM Language Institutes is seeking qualified native English speakers or bilingual (Korean/English) speakers of English to lead its team of adult EFL instructors at its center in Shinchon, Seoul. Being sensitive to the needs of the school, teachers and students the academic supervisor should be committed to implementing a high-quality academic / professional program within the guidelines set by YBM Education’s head office. Good communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to handle a wide variety of job duties is essential.
The academic supervisor reports directly to the YLI Shinchon center director and the national academic director for YBM Education. The academic supervisor is responsible for all operations concerning the YBM Speaking department’s programs, policies and procedures, working in compliance with the YBM Head Office and their local center director. Specifically, the academic supervisor is responsible for hiring, training, development and dismissal of instructional staff, as well as regular student placement / level testing, and scheduling of classes (some teaching may be required).
• One-year, renewable contract beginning December 1, 2013.
• Must be available for paid training from November 18th - Nov 29th
• Accepting applications until a suitable candidate has been selected
• 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
• Salary: commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications
• Housing: deposit of up to 10,000,000 KRW + 200,000 KRW monthly housing stipend
• Severance pay, pension, and medical insurance in accordance with Korean law
• Yearly performance-based bonus
• 10 vacation days + Korean national holidays (yearly increases in accordance with corporate and government policy for full-time employees).
• Over 2 years teaching experience with adult EFL learners
• Prior supervisory experience in an EFL context (adult learners preferred)
• Prior curriculum/materials development experience
• Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate degrees preferred)
• CELTA/TESOL qualifications
• Experience in customer service preferred
To apply email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copies of your passport information page, apostilled federal-level criminal record check (fingerprint-based for Canadian citizens), and apostilled university diploma (regardless of current visa status, for Ministry of Education registration).
• Scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back), if residing in Korea
• Recent photo.
No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been selected.