Native English Speaker Preschool Teacher Needed
We have one opening for a teacher in a mixed-age (3-6) Montessori preschool program in Mandalay, Myanmar. The position begins immediately and ends in February. Please review the following criteria and information carefully before responding to this ad:
1. Native English speaker
2. BA or BS degree (specialization in early childhood education preferred)
3. Minimum of two consecutive years’ worth of teaching KG or preschool-age children
4. Able to begin immediately and must already be in Asia
5. Willing and able to follow school policies to the letter
6. Must be single and without dependents
1. Lead a group of up to 25 preschool learners (ages 3-6) in educational activities in a full-day Montessori preschool class from Monday to Friday.
2. Work with a local Montessori-trained co-lead teacher and a local assistant teacher to provide creative and stimulating activities based on larger learning goals that are a part of the Montessori Method.
3. Participate in extracurricular and community-based activities as representatives of the school.
4. Host at least one after-school club which meets once per week for one hour.
5. Assume other regular school duties (e.g., supervise study hall on a rotating basis, participate in school or department meetings as necessary, etc.)
6. For those without Montessori certification, attend Saturday training sessions to learn how to teach lessons based on the Montessori Method.
Compensation and Benefits:
* $1,800/month during the 10-week probationary period; $2,000/month for the remainder of the contract.
* Free housing at the school with basic furnishings, free laundry service, and free weekly cleaning.
* Reimbursement for visas and expenses related to renewing visas.
* Myriad opportunities to connect with the local community and to learn about Myanmar.
* Chance to make a difference in the lives of those around you.
Email your cover letter, resume, and a recent photo to Dr. Gary Robson (principal) at Myanmarpcv@gmail.com.
School website: http://www.aismyanmar.com
Ayeyarwaddy International School is the only school in Mandalay that is based on an American curriculum model. English is the language of instruction, and the goal is to have graduates who are proficient in English and who are academically prepared to attend a university in any English-speaking country. Although we have high academic goals, we never want teachers to lose sight of the fact that learning (and school) should be fun for students. Your lessons should be academically challenging, but they should also be relevant and interesting!
Living and working in a developing nation is extraordinarily challenging, but the rewards are immeasurable. This is the kind of experience that can have a positive effect on you for the rest of your life.
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved