Shane English School
Nanyang, Henan province
Position: Full time English language teacher
Reference No. SNNYTT02M
Shane English Schools China (SESC) offers you the opportunity to experience the fascinating and wildly different culture of China first hand with the support and expertise of one of the largest British owned EFL organizations inAsia.We are now holding interviews for professional and motivated teachers dedicated to making learning fun and effective.
Established in 2001 Shane currently operates in over 24 cities across China. Our school in Nanyang opened its doors in early 2012 and offers an amazing opportunity to be part of a new school and be an integral part of its development.
Our focus has always been on providing quality lessons to students, young and old alike. We recognize that good lessons require good teachers therefore we provide excellent training, ongoing development as well as opportunities for promotion and advancement.
Nanyang – The city
Nanyang is the third largest city in Henan province. It is a bustling city of over ten million people including surrounding areas. As a transport hub, Nanyang is an ideal base for traveling to neighbouring cities and countryside. Over-night sleeper trains mean that Shanghai and Beijing are accessible and Xi’an is just 5 hours away.
The advantage of living in Nanyang is that it is a much more manageable size than Beijing or Shanghai yet retains all the conveniences that a modern city is expected to provide. The cost of living is lower meaning salaries go further.
For more information on the city of Nanyang have a look here;
- http://www.travelchin aguide.com/cityguides/henan/
- http://www.chinatouronline.com/china-t ravel/henan.html
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanyang,_Henan ul>
Cost of Living Guide
- Typical dinner at a Chinese restaurant: from 6 to 20RMB
- Monthly bills between 100 & 200RMB
- Taxi: starts at 5RMB, no more than 10RMB
- Local Bus: 1RMB per trip
· 20 hours teaching per week
· Lesson planning
· Take part in school parties and events
· Excellent salary: 9,000 – 10,000 RMB per month
· Accommodation assistance
· Legal ‘Z’ work visa
· 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
· Contract completion bonus: 3,000 RMB
· Performance related bonuses
· On-going training and academic support
· Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
· Resident permit and health check costs paid by the school
· Promotion opportunities to Senior Teacher and Academic Manager within the Shane network
· Bachelor’s degree
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
· At least 1 year teaching experience
· Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
Please send the following to Mark Jeng at teach@GoldStarTeachers.com:
· Covering letter
· Recent photo
· Degree & TEFL certificates
· Passport photo page
· Include in the subject heading the reference no.SNNYTT02M
We are looking forward to hearing from you.