Green Hills Academy is a co-educational day school, consisting of a Nursery, Primary School and Secondary School, which share a well-maintained campus close to the center of Kigali. We are proud of the fact that many of our visitors comment on the positive school atmosphere and the happiness and confidence of our students, which are the product of a caring environment with a rich cultural diversity of students and staff.
We are a multi-cultural school and accept students irrespective of their race, gender, nationality and religion. We do, however, have high expectations of our students' level of motivation and their effort to succeed.
About Kigali, Rwanda
Located at Rwanda’s geographical heart, the rapidly growing City of Kigali is not only the national capital, but also the country’s most important business centre and main port of entry.
City of Kigali, which started in 1907 as a small colonial outpost with little link to the outside world, is now 100 years old. Today, City of Kigali has come of age-as the capital of Rwanda and made phenomenal strides. It is a city that has not just survived, but has prevailed and has grown into a modern metropolis- a heart of the emerging Rwandan economy and a pride of every Rwandan.
Among the safest and friendliest of African capitals, City of Kigali is blessed with a moderate high altitude climate that belies its tropical location, and is conveniently located within three hours’ drive of the main tourist sites. The Rwandan capital provides both a comfortable and welcoming introduction to this land of a thousand hills and an ideal springboard from which to explore this magical country.
Due to growth and expansion, Green Hills Academy in Kigali, Rwanda is hiring4 new Vice Principals. The positions begin in early August of 2013.
An international family of schools in the capital city of Rwanda, Green Hills is an IB Diploma Program school and offers Cambridge at O level. It has three schools in Kigali, a Nursery, an Elementary School and a Secondary School and it enrolls some 1,520 students.
- Vice Principal, Francophone, Secondary School.The successful candidate should have a native like fluency in French. Green Hills offers French First Language programming to approximately 40% of its students from Nursery to Grade 12. Successful experience teaching French Immersion or French second language is a requirement.
- Vice Principal, Anglophone, Elementary School.We are looking for an experienced teacher of reading who will oversee the English language programming at our 650 student elementary school.Successful teaching experience at the primary is essential. Prior administrative experience is an asset.
- Vice Principal, Francophone, Elementary School.An experienced elementary French Immersion or French Second Language teacher is sought to oversee our French programming. Prior administrative experience is an asset.
- Vice Principal, Anglophone, Nursery School.An experienced kindergarten teacher is required to provide educational leadership in our English Nursery offerings. The school teaches some 340 students, ages 2 to 5.
For all your hard work and dedication to the job, you will receive a competitive salary.
Additionally, you will enjoy access to a range of benefits including:
- Medical insurance cover will be offered at all reputable hospitals in Rwanda;
- A return air ticket from any major Canadian/USA city; and
- Plenty of opportunities for professional development.
For full details and to apply online, you must visithttp://www.applyfirst.ca/job41668