Shane English School
Wuhan, Hubei province, P.R.China
Position: Full time English language teacher
Reference No. SHWHTT10M
Shane English Schools China (SESC) offers you the opportunity to experience the fascinating and wildly different culture of China first hand with the support and expertise of one of the largest British owned EFL organizations inAsia.We are now holding interviews for positions at our school in Wuhan. We are looking for professional and motivated young learner teachers dedicated to making learning fun and effective.
Established in China in 2001 Shane currently operates in over 24 cities across China. We are well known as a market leading language school. With thousands of students coming through our doors every year we make every effort to maintain the highest standards in education by providing excellent course materials, technology and an engaging learning environment.
The majority of our students are young learners aged from 3 to 14 years old and teachers enjoy teaching to a variety of ages throughout the week. Teacher training and support is seen as key at Shane and we provide a one week training program at the start of your contract as well as on-going training and support in the form of workshops, seminars, class observations from your Academic Manager.
Wuhan – The city
Located right on the mighty Yangtze River east of Shanghai, Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei province, is a fascinating city with both an ancient history and a thriving present. For centuries, this city has been the center of trade and transportation in central China but is now known as one of China’s main high-tech, education and financial centers, while still having a more traditional feel than some of China’s coastal cities.
Wuhan is the place to find both history and natural wonders. Hubei Provincial Museum and Yellow Crane Tower are two places to appreciate ancient Chinese history and culture. Wuhan was also the location of one of Chairman Mao Zedong’s private residences which he nicknamed the 'Home of the White Clouds and Yellow Cranes' and also where he gave audience to President Richard Nixon.
For more information on the city of Wuhan have a look at these sites:
- ht tp://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/wuhan.htm
- http://www.youtu be.com/watch?v=Ek1xAbRDzkQ&feature=related
· 18-20 hours teaching per week
· Lesson planning
· Take part in school parties and events
· Excellent salary: 12,000 RMB
· Legal ‘Z’ work visa
· Paid holidays: 22 days per year
· Flight Reimbursement: up to 4,200RMB
· Insurance allowance: 1,300 RMB
· Performance related bonus: details given during interview
· On-going training and academic support
· Promotion opportunities to Senior Teacher and Academic Manager within the Shane network
· Bachelor’s degree
· TEFL certificate (at least 120 hour course)
· Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
· Experience teaching young learners preferred
· Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
Please send the following to Mark Jeng at teach@GoldStarTeachers.com:
· Covering letter
· Recent photo
· Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
· Passport photo page (scan)
· Include in the subject heading the reference no. SHWHTT10M
Looking forward to hearing back from you.